Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NCAA Football

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Don't worry, byu fans will be running scenarios how they can still get in the playoffs with 2 losses.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Then when they are left out we learn of all of the anti BYU conspiracies as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    What's going on during our bye week?

Thursday: Miami @ Cincy. Worth checking in on in the 2nd half.

Friday:

Arizona @ Stanford. Too early to be a make or break game for Arizona?

ASU @ UCLA. Devils are reeling and really need this one.

Saturday morning:

Iowa @ Wisconsin. B1G west frontrunners.

West Va @ Oklahoma. Both are 3-0.

Saturday afternoon:

Bama @ UGa.

Kstate @ Okie State. Both unbeaten.

Saturday evening:

Ole Miss @ Florida. Two 4-0 SEC teams.

ND @ Clemson. Both unbeaten.
    Plus, Travis Wilson's left shoulder heals up some more.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Plus, Travis Wilson's left shoulder heals up some more.
    I thought that they were really over playing the injury and Wilson's availability for the Fresno State game and leading up to Saturday. But he was definitely playing as gingerly as I've ever seen him play. I've always respected the kid, but it jumped up a tier last night watching him play through obvious pain. I hope he has a good Essential Oils dealer and that the next 13 days are miraculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Misery Index is always interesting to read and can be fun if your team isn't on it:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tate/72932722/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

The Misery Index is always interesting to read and can be fun if your team isn't on it:

And a bit masochistic when your team puts a team on it. *giggle*
    Last edited by U-Ute; 09-29-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Awesome prank.

This is sad-funny.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Awesome prank.

Hopefully they didn't get their pictures developed at the local Walmart. Is there anything special about the Academy from an security standpoint that getting caught in this type of malice there would carry a much more severe penalty than a normal public university?

Oh, but we were. Twice mentioned as the source of misery.

Yes, perhaps a bit masochistic, but fun at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Is there anything special about the Academy from an security standpoint that getting caught in this type of malice there would carry a much more severe penalty than a normal public university?
    I wondered about campus security myself, but more from the AFA side. As a military institute I think about it like a military base and assume there is higher security. If that's true someone is in big trouble for letting a bunch of people get in and vandalize stuff.

But my assumptions may be way off base as I have no experience in any of this.

As for the perpetrators, you gotta think that if they do somehow get caught, their punishment may be a bit symbolic. I mean, what better way to prove your military training than to plan for a way to sneak into a military institution and vandalize things.

They probably showed id to get into campus. No big deal if you have a CAC Card.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    As for the perpetrators, you gotta think that if they do somehow get caught, their punishment may be a bit symbolic. I mean, what better way to prove your military training than to plan for a way to sneak into a military institution and vandalize things.

I agree that it does appear that the little recon team displayed some skill in this mission.

I don't know about punishment if caught in the act, it might be severe. But in getting away with it... I doubt there would be much investigation into who did it.

Hopefully they used a water-soluble paint that will wash off. Otherwise that would be a very expensive repair (probably wrll north of $10k to restore the paint job - airplane paint is stupid expensive).

Hopefully they didn't get their pictures developed at the local Walmart. Is there anything special about the Academy from an security standpoint that getting caught in this type of malice there would carry a much more severe penalty than a normal public university?
    The suspects are likely military. Which means they're prosecuted under the UCMJ. That's not nearly as defendant friendly as regular law.

Banned
    Here is a cool little chart. It shows the top college programs for putting players into the professional game. Utah is on there.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-sch...192230748.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Here is a cool little chart. It shows the top college programs for putting players into the professional game. Utah is on there.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-sch...192230748.html
    5th in the Pac 12. Not bad. Percentage will go up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    5th in the Pac 12. Not bad. Percentage will go up next year.
    But 2nd in the south!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

How long does Charlie Strong get in Austin? that program started stagnating under Mack, but it's not getting better with Strong. And today, they're getting shellacked in Fort Worth. Assuming TCU doesn't blow a 37-point lead, that drops the T-sips to 1-4. The RRS next week will (likely) drop them to 1-5, and makes it very improbable they make it to a bowl game.

You definitely give him this year, but do you start to expect results next season?

Isn't Charlie Strong pulling in $5M this year? This will get uglier for Texas before it gets better.

Three minutes into the game, Baylor and Texas Tech all tied up 7-7.

Three minutes into the game, Baylor and Texas Tech all tied up 7-7.

Where did that O/U settle? 90? They'll hit the over.

Four minutes in. Baylor up 14-7.

Four minutes in. Baylor up 14-7.

It's been 3 minutes, and Tech hasn't scored. What a rip-off.

Tech punts. That's your ball game.

Good Lord, Cal. Play above yourselves!

Dozens of Cal fans showed up today. LOL.

WSU is picking them apart right now, plus they stopped Cal TWICE on 4th down.

But Goff is incredibly dangerous.

Lots of five yard outs for Goff today. I was happy to see that. I think we defend those better than 30 yard bombs.

I don't want to get greedy, but it sure would be nice to get an Ole Miss loss today.

I've been in a funeral all afternoon and am now headed to the airport. So how did Cal look? Did Goff get protection from his O-line? One of Pease's goals next week will be to make Goff as uncomfortable as possible, I'm sure. How about the speed of their receivers? Will our DBs be able to cover them?

--Yeats

I don't want to get greedy, but it sure would be nice to get an Ole Miss loss today.

26-0 at half, your wish just might come true. Rebs are getting steamrolled.