Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: This is NOT the Elders Quorum: fixing the Misperception of Utah By 5

I don't think we want to change software wholesale. I think that will cause more problems than it is worth.

The only real workable idea I'm aware of is to merge some of the forums.

One thread per game helps too instead of doing a thread per week for basketball.

Let's try that this week and see how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I think we should do what we can. Some ideas seemed to have consensus support but probably were set aside. Can we revive them?
    UteHub users now have the same complaint.
    http://www.utehub.com/forums/topic/i...a-proposition/

Maybe there is a Tapatalk user forum that will tell us how we can allow our users to put certain subforums on ignore. Have we looked at that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

vBulletin allows you to filter access pretty easily. We could make the non-sports forums be inaccessible by default. Although I'd like people to still be able to see they exist. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    vBulletin allows you to filter access pretty easily. We could make the non-sports forums be inaccessible by default. Although I'd like people to still be able to see they exist. Not sure.

Maybe we can set up a button for "Additional Forums" or something like that? That would let people know there is more. We do appreciate you looking into these things.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 01-29-2017 at 07:32 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get used to it.
    Last edited by bestellen; 01-03-2018 at 02:40 AM.