Thread: Utah high school football

Utah high school football

Congratulations to Herriman High who wins the 5A state football championship.

My daughter is on the school's dance team and regularly interacts with the players. She says they are all really nice kids.

Utah is one of 7 states that have at least 2 teams ranked in the national top 25 along with CA, GA, OH, FL, TX & AZ. Not bad company. Congrats Bingham and East.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Utah is one of 7 states that have at least 2 teams ranked in the national top 25 along with CA, GA, OH, FL, TX & AZ. Not bad company. Congrats Bingham and East.
    Would be cool to see them play each other.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

East drops out of national rankings. Bingham remains at #9/#11.

Unless East improves dramatically, they're likely to smoked by#1/#2 IMG Academy later this season.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

East drops out of national rankings. Bingham remains at #9/#11.

Unless East improves dramatically, they're likely to smoked by#1/#2 IMG Academy later this season.
    They needed a last second touchdown against Herriman to win 14-10 this past week.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Admittedly, prep sports, (particularly football, basketball & baseball), is like a crack addiction for me. When my son graduates in a couple of years I imagine I'll pick out the best Friday Night Lights game in the area and attend. Anyone else love High School sports?

Tonight is the last regular season game, followed by playoffs a week from Friday...….

6A appears to be a three team race between Bingham, American Fork and East.

5A appears to be a three team race as well, Corner Canyon is the favorite, followed by Skyridge (Lehi) or Olympus.

4A looks like Orem's to lose. Skyview and possibly Dixie have a shot at a major upset.

Admittedly, prep sports, (particularly football, basketball & baseball), is like a crack addiction for me. When my son graduates in a couple of years I imagine I'll pick out the best Friday Night Lights game in the area and attend. Anyone else love High School sports?

Tonight is the last regular season game, followed by playoffs a week from Friday...….

6A appears to be a three team race between Bingham, American Fork and East.

5A appears to be a three team race as well, Corner Canyon is the favorite, followed by Skyridge (Lehi) or Olympus.

4A looks like Orem's to lose. Skyview and possibly Dixie have a shot at a major upset.
    my oldest graduates this year and my youngest son won’t be in HS for a couple years. My wife and I have talked about how we will miss Friday night football. We will have a few neighbors/friends playing next year and our daughters will still be in HS so I’m sure we will be at the games and helping with concessions.

Lone Peak seems to be getting better just as playoffs start. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them advance to Rice Eccles

corner canyon/sky ridge should meet in the finals. Olympus has a good team but outside of Highland I don’t think they have had a very difficult schedule. It is tough to know how they will fare

Highland is a solid team. They could do some damage in the playoffs. I could see them in the semis vs Skyridge no problem. If you get to the semis anything can happen......

Highland is a solid team. They could do some damage in the playoffs. I could see them in the semis vs Skyridge no problem. If you get to the semis anything can happen......
    "Oh, the big ram's a-ramblin',
    Scramblin', ramblin',
    The big ram's a-ramblin',
    Scramblin' on...."

😀

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

6A: crazy. All four teams from Region 4 in semis. AF/Bingham and LP/Grove. If Wissler is back and healthy I think Bingham wins. If not it’s a dogfight and a tossup. I think Lone Peak beats Pleasant Grove. Games are on Thursday at RES. Predict AF WR and BYU Commit Chase Roberts is 6A MVP.

5A: all four #1 seeds in semis. Skyridge shouldn’t have too much problem with Roy. CC favored over Olympus who likely lost their QB this week. A lot to overcome. Games are on Friday at RES. Predict CC Jr QB Cole Hagen 5A MVP.

4A: Skyview out. Orem should waltz away with the ship with little trouble. I think Puca Nacua (USC Commit) is the runaway favorite for Utah Gatorade POY. I think his Orem QB, Cooper Legas will win 4A MVP.

6A:

American Fork defeats Bingham in overtime. Did Wissler's injury playing defense cost Bingham the ship? When will these coaches learn that if you don't have to play your key guys both ways -- don't. Wissler was a special offensive weapon. Regardless, AF is a really good team.

Lone Peak shuts down Pleasant Grove in a snoozer. I think it ended 30-0. I left at half.

Even though AF is the 3 seed, I think most consider them the favorite against the 1 seed LP. The eye test gives the edge to AF -- Boone, the QB is really, really good, and he has the wideouts to throw to.

6A:

American Fork defeats Bingham in overtime. Did Wissler's injury playing defense cost Bingham the ship? When will these coaches learn that if you don't have to play your key guys both ways -- don't. Wissler was a special offensive weapon. Regardless, AF is a really good team.

Lone Peak shuts down Pleasant Grove in a snoozer. I think it ended 30-0. I left at half.

Even though AF is the 3 seed, I think most consider them the favorite against the 1 seed LP. The eye test gives the edge to AF -- Boone, the QB is really, really good, and he has the wideouts to throw to.
    Now that Langi’s season is over, I expect him to announce his Utah commitment this weekend to distract from the upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5A:

Skyridge had little problem with Roy, as expected. Coasted into the championship game next week.

CC and Olympus in a war with CC coming out on top. Olympus QB was 60% at best due to shoulder injury. Could've even been more competitive at full strength, but, football is a game where you've got to overcome injuries......as Utah will attest tomorrow.

On paper, Skyridge vs Corner Canyon should be a better game than the 6A championship.