I have a question, and this is probably not the right place to ask it, but the conversation has brought up some points in this area....but here goes:

Why do we care if someone making over a million dollars is taxed at 50%? Why do we care if Sam Walton's kids get taxed at 80% of their inheritance? If does not affect us. Who cares if Sam Walton's kids only get 10 million instead of 149 BILLION dollars? Those kids did NOTHING for that money, other than be the right sperm at the right time. Why do they get more money than 42% of Americans COMBINED?

Most of America is middle class. Why they defend the rights of people to screw them over befuddles me. The Waltons use more government aid than anyone in the country. They use more food stamps, more medicare, more interstates, more tax breaks, more every benefit the government has, yet we argue that they should get MORE breaks?

Blows my mind. It's pretty simple: We have a problem in this country, and taxing the bottom 50% isn't going to fix it.

So why don't we tax the Waltons at 80% and pay our teachers $100,000 a year? Why don't we make minimum wage $15/hr and get the 1.4 million people on food stamps that work at walmart off food stamps? Why don't we tax Wall Street at an effective tax rate of 29% instead of 15% and ease the burdens of student loans?

It makes too much sense. It really does. What we are doing right now...that makes no sense.

If trickle down worked, Wal-Mart employees would be making $20/hr.