Thread: Lady Pinging Utes hold off #9 Kentucky 3-0

Lady Pinging Utes hold off #9 Kentucky 3-0

Good job ladies, only undefeated team left in their region

woot, woot Ladies of to the Super Regionals

I spent last week in Tucson (condolences appreciated )

At dinner, I noticed that the bar had Arizona @ Utah softball on several TV's. I realize that the PAC-12 Network has its warts, but I think we fail to recognize its reach. Essentially, it was a 2 hour commercial of Utah's campus and beautiful mountain setting.

Utah to host NCAA Regional for the first time as the #11 seed.

http://utahutes.com/news/2017/5/14/u...irst-time.aspx
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 05-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Utah to host NCAA Regional for the first time as the #11 seed.

http://utahutes.com/news/2017/5/14/u...irst-time.aspx
    10-0 win over Fordham

2 runs in the bottom of the seventh to beat BYU 3-2
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    10-0 win over Fordham

2 runs in the bottom of the seventh to beat BYU 3-2
    great atmosphere. BYU is solid top to bottom. After they defeat MSU/Fordham today, everyone that's able should get to the game tomorrow. Will be a great matchup of heavyweights.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Utah-BYU at 2p today. Second game at 430p today, if necessary.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

14-0 Utes. Are we that much better than them, or are we just hot right now?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Took my kids to this afternoon. I'd never been before and I really like that facility. Cool park!!

The game was fun!! After the first two games this year, it sure felt like the teams were evenly matched. Today the BYU pitcher was just not dialed in like yesterday. Both are really good teams. Can't wait for super regionals.

Lady Pinging Utes hold off #9 Kentucky 3-0

Apparently Weddle was at the game with his family. He has the best posse of the NFL. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waddle sent out a tweet saying that wasn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post

I thought I saw a tweet from him recently where he had shaved his beard.

As he should because she that's not his wife.

Looks like they get Washington next, who swept them not long ago.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

He was in DC giving a fireside (eat your heart out, Cougs!).

I admit that I composed this from two separate tweets from others, but it was too good to pass up.

The Utes had a huge seven run third inning last night and then hung on to beat the Huskies 9-8 to force a game three. Which I presume is sometime today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    The Utes had a huge seven run third inning last night and then hung on to beat the Huskies 9-8 to force a game three. Which I presume is sometime today.

8pm tonight. Love this team. I've seen our ladies play perhaps a dozen times this season and they're very good. However, on the whole, I don't think they're quite as good as Washington, so, I feel like we need a bit of luck/playing a tad over our heads, to take 2 of 3 from them. IOW, I feel like the Utah/Washington rankings of #11/#6 is a fair representation of each team.

Yeah.....those are not the arms of an All-Pro defensive back.....those are the arms of, say, an accountant or a blogger.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Yeah.....those are not the arms of an All-Pro defensive back.....those are the arms of, say, an accountant or a blogger.
    The typo of Waddle was probably pretty accurate.

I watched most of last nights game. Women's softball is a little strange. I guess I'm too used to baseball. The little league type chanting during your teams at bats is different as is the numerous attempts at a running bunt. I didn't really care for it, but love the opportunity for Utah to do well in anything.

Go Lady Utes!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    .......Women's softball is a little strange. I guess I'm too used to baseball. The little league type chanting during your teams at bats is different as is the numerous attempts at a running bunt. I didn't really care for it......

Go Lady Utes!
    Have spent many summers crisscrossing this great country of ours over the last dozen+ years watching both softball and baseball. I love both games for different reasons. My version of heaven includes lots of long sunny days at the ballpark(s).