Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NCAA football

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    And south Alabama beats Mississippi state.
    That is bad news for Brian Johnson. I hope he gets the Offense together before his return trip to Provo...

Richmond 30-7 over Virginia.

BYU fans experiencing serious schadenfreude.

Do they fire Bronco in the parking lot after this one?

Good game, Richmond. Huge win for the Spiders.

There is only one true constant in college football - BYU always gets the good teams when they are having down years.
    Don't forget the Miami game in 1990. That was a huge win over the #1 team, who actually ended up having a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Don't forget the Miami game in 1990. That was a huge win over the #1 team, who actually ended up having a good season.
    Blind squirrels and nuts...

I'm kind of happy to see both Oklahoma and LSU go down in the first weekend. I know Sancho won't agree, but Go Trojans and Tigers; take out two more top 5 teams this week.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Huh? I'm on board. I go with what's best for Utah, and a usc victory is good for Utah.
    Ok, good. I thought I remembered you having a history of rooting against PAC 12 teams in non-conference games. Maybe that is just Stanford.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Well, I don't always root for Pac 12 teams. I just take it game by game. I was pulling for Hawaii last week, for example.
    So this is more of a Northern California thing then.

Wheels coming off for the Trojans.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Wheels coming off for the Trojans.
    I don't like to see Lane Kiffin having a good time.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

2016 NCAA football

I know it isn't basketball, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy when Kentucky loses anything painful fashion.

Up 35-10 in the second quarter against So Miss, UK loses 44-35.

Wazzou loses to Eastern Washington; USC gets the doors blown off; Arizona getting pushed around in the trenches (so far); UCLA loses. I'm not complaining.

I hate Arizona. we can't do a damn thing to stop them offensively, and they look like garbage tonight.

EWU is a great team and program. Since they won the FCS championship in 2011 (?) They have off or nearly beat an FBS team every year. Beat OSU, nearly beat UW, and now beat WSU.

And now WSU has lost 6 straight season openers...

**Edit** Gage Gubrud threw for 474 yds and rushed for 77 more. Will he be the next hot grad transfer QB? Has Mark Helfrich called him yet? Also Connor Kupp (the best WR in FCS history) had 200+ receiving yds. Impressive.
    Last edited by NorthwestUteFan; 09-03-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Equaminius St. Brown (sp?) With a tremendous acrobatic catch for Notre Dame. Want Utah on his short list?

ND vs. Texas is a great game so far.

fantastic opening weekend. and we still have what should be a great game between Ole Miss and FSU!

Equaminius St. Brown (sp?) With a tremendous acrobatic catch for Notre Dame. Want Utah on his short list?

ND vs. Texas is a great game so far.
    Yes. Utah was also right there for the sons of Torii Hunter, including Torii Hunter Jr who had the scary looking injury tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Yes. Utah was also right there for the sons of Torii Hunter, including Torii Hunter Jr who had the scary looking injury tonight.
    For all the kvetching about recruiting, we have been on the short list for a number is tremendous athletes. Several of them will be All-Conference players this year.

From ESPNU twitter:

Steve Sarkisian is the FIFTH former FBS head coach on Alabama's assistant coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    From ESPNU twitter:

Steve Sarkisian is the FIFTH former FBS head coach on Alabama's assistant coaching staff.
    They might be as deep as we are at offensive coordinator

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    From ESPNU twitter:

Well, we have two former national coaches of the year on our staff. How about that?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Air Force going with "Shark Week" themed uniforms.

https://twitter.com/AFFBEQUIPMENT/st...39437232746497

shark-week.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Air Force going with "Shark Week" themed uniforms.

https://twitter.com/AFFBEQUIPMENT/st...39437232746497

shark-week.jpg
    Guess when you're already the branch of the military that's the butt of all the jokes there's no real risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awesome.

A second grader's take on the Tennessee/App State game.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ten...an-state-game/

appstate.jpg

FWIW the game between EWU and NDSU will be fantastic. (12:30 PT, ESPN3). They have combined for 5 of the last 6 FCS championships.

Kyle Whittingham needs to become familiar with Gage Gubrud (RS-So) and find a way to get him to graduate early and transfer to Utah before Oregon takes him. (He went 34-40, 474 yds, 5 TDs, 1 int, and rushed 77 yds, 1TD vs WSU).

He is an Urban Meyer dream QB.
    Last edited by NorthwestUteFan; 09-09-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Week 2 viewer guide!

I guess Louisville @ Syracuse is the game to watch tonight?

Saturday morning: Penn St @ Pitt. Rivalry revived? Backup plan: Either UCF @ Michigan or Cincy @ Purdue. Big12 hopefuls get a shot at Big10 teams

Early afternoon: USU @ USC. Can switch to SMU @ Baylor at halftime if the game is a dud. Another Big12 hopeful with a chance to make a splash.

Evening: BYU @ Utah. Check out Arkansas @ TCU and ISU @ Iowa during commercials. I guess VaTech @ Tennessee has the NASCAR thing going for it.

Late game: Wazzu @ Boise. Smurf turf! Cal @ SDSU and TTech @ ASU also look good for the late games.

Late
    Louisville game was a dud, except for their QB leaping over guys to score a TD.

Penn St v. Pitt is 14-0 4 minutes in. Go PAnthers.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lot of underdogs hanging tough right now.
    Georgia going to have a gutsy SEC win today, move them up!

Clemson's opponent with the Kaelin Clay move on what should have been a go ahead TD after a brilliant 74 yd punt return.

FSU is crushing Charleston Southern, who is playing without the services of their starting O Line.

Charleston Southern's entire O Line was suspended by the NCAA, who once again proved they are a despicable organization. The players used their excess book money to purchase pens, papers, and other school supplies. Apparently this is a violation ncaa regs.

Elsewhere today Penn State honored JoePa for 50 years of memories, as well as conveniently forgetting that he covered for a child rapist for nearly 35 years.

And somehow the players for Charleston Southern are somehow the bad guys.

FSU is crushing Charleston Southern, who is playing without the services of their starting O Line.

Charleston Southern's entire O Line was suspended by the NCAA, who once again proved they are a despicable organization. The players used their excess book money to purchase pens, papers, and other school supplies. Apparently this is a violation ncaa regs.

Elsewhere today Penn State honored JoePa for 50 years of memories, as well as conveniently forgetting that he covered for a child rapist for nearly 35 years.

And somehow the players for Charleston Southern are somehow the bad guys.
    The school actually suspended them, not the NCAA.

And ESPN is reporting today the violations were the purchase of headphones and food. The rules allow for the purchase of books and school supplies, so the pens and paper etc was wrongly reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk