Thread: Go Utes

Go Utes

Dwight Schrute told me to introduce myself and my Ute Fandom so here we are.

Became a Utah fan in 2nd grade during the early nineties while Ty Detmer was at BYU. I was basically the only kid in the neighborhood who liked Utah since my parents were graduates. First football game was to see Marshal Faulk and SDSU at old rice stadium with my dad and brother. It was the perfect time to become a fan because things were about to change for Utah.

Went to USU for undergrad and almost came to Utah for an MBA but decided to come to California and have been in the bay area for 10 years. Sadly never attended the U but my blood bleeds red with some love for my aggies on the side.

Go Utes!

Quote Originally Posted by brettski View Post
    Dwight Schrute told me to introduce myself and my Ute Fandom so here we are.

Became a Utah fan in 2nd grade during the early nineties while Ty Detmer was at BYU. I was basically the only kid in the neighborhood who liked Utah since my parents were graduates. First football game was to see Marshal Faulk and SDSU at old rice stadium with my dad and brother. It was the perfect time to become a fan because things were about to change for Utah.

Went to USU for undergrad and almost came to Utah for an MBA but decided to come to California and have been in the bay area for 10 years. Sadly never attended the U but my blood bleeds red with some love for my aggies on the side.

Go Utes!
    Welcome! I had the same childhood experience, but about 15 years earlier. PAC-mas must have been very nice living in the Bay Area. Do you associate with may Stanford or Cal fans? What are their attitudes like?
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 07-24-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Welcome! Feel free to look around, but whatever you do, don't feed Diehard Ute. We have him on a strict diet.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Welcome! Feel free to look around, but whatever you do, don't feed Diehard Ute. We have him on a strict diet.
    I take what I want and you can't stop me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacmas was awesome here in the bay area. I work with a bunch of Cal grads and very few if any Stanford alumni. We do have quite a few Oregon, UCLA and USC alums at work. I luckily get to attend about 2 roadies a year (sjsu and Cal this year)

What are the Cal / Stanford fans like? Honestly they are pretty easy going. Nobody talks too much trash on that end, Cal fans all seem to be self aware of their mediocrity. I went to the Stanford game last year and the fans were super nice.

Regarding their rivalry, it's honestly wayyyyyy overhyped. It's not nearly as bitter as Utah vs BYU. Much more healthy and fans seem to get over it. Could be that Stanford has dominated lately...

Other fans? UCLA can be pretty arrogant about the Utes joining the league. Oregon fans are more obnoxious and remind me of the Beverly hillbillies (new success and don't know how to act like it yet). Most fans are great and a fresh break from dealing with Y fans in Utah. Y fans here in CA are way better than in Utah.

Thanks and noted about this "diehard" character 😄