Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Pac-12 Survivor Pool: 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I don't want to, but I am picking the Bruins this week.
    8244417289_e38349e4b5_o.jpg
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Wsu
    And then there were two ...

Well, it was fun everyone. (Never send a Tree to do a man's job).

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    And then there were two ...
    It's on. I wish I had had the courage to pick Colorado to beat Stanford, now it looks like I may have to pick Arizona State to beat Oregon. Choices are slim this week

It's on. I wish I had had the courage to pick Colorado to beat Stanford, now it looks like I may have to pick Arizona State to beat Oregon. Choices are slim this week
    What do you think it's like for me? My only option I'm aware of is taking Washington.

ASU it is. Since both are dreadful, I doubt the visiting team will win, but hope I live to fight another day.

Just realized I can pick Arizona to beat Stanford. WOOT!

I am alive for about 5 more minutes. Congrats socalpat. Well played.

I am alive for about 5 more minutes. Congrats socalpat. Well played.
    Yeah, but Arizona lost as well. What does that mean then?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Yeah, but Arizona lost as well. What does that mean then?
    You didn't take UW? YOU are a better man than I am. I suspect I would have played for the win.

You didn't take UW? YOU are a better man than I am. I suspect I would have played for the win.
    Oh trust me, I'm not better. I cashed my over 54.5 ticket on the game without hesitation.

I'm confused. Didn't SocalPat take Uw this week? Looking back, there is no official prediction and there are two semi-serious picks.

I'm confused. Didn't SocalPat take Uw this week? Looking back, there is no official prediction and there are two semi-serious picks.
    He didn't actually pick UW because he didn't want to pick against the Utes. No rational person would pick Arizona to win. I think he should be declared the winner.

I hope we do this again in 2017. I like it.

The season starts Saturday with Oregon St @ Colorado St and Stanford vs. Rice

Applejack needs to awake from his slumber and set this up for 2017.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I hope we do this again in 2017. I like it.

The season starts Saturday with Oregon St @ Colorado St and Stanford vs. Rice
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Applejack needs to awake from his slumber and set this up for 2017.
    hold your collective horses. The contest will start in week 1, not week zero, simply because there are not enough games this week.

Go watch the Giants for a week if you are really hard up for contests that have zero impact on the world.

hold your collective horses. The contest will start in week 1, not week zero, simply because there are not enough games this week.

Go watch the Giants for a week if you are really hard up for contests that have zero impact on the world.
    I'll take Oregon St over CSU.

This kind of attitude is not the way to secure your year-end bonus. Just sayin'.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Just jogged my memory over this thread. I appreciate concerned's magnanimous display of sportsmanship. In return, let the record show that we're co-champions of the Survivor Pool for 2016. Let the games begin again!

Here is the history of the contest:

2016: Concerned and SoCalPat tie; no consensus national champ.
    2015: Drum'N'Feather
    2014: OrangeUte (there was a half-assed loser's bracket because OrangeUte's victory took a mere six weeks; no word on who won).

So, when we have the contest the Utes are guaranteed to win 9 games.