Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Cmon you slackers! We need more people to ensure that we make it to week 8!

Refer to post #50 in this thread. I picked Cal, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    The picks so far:

UW
    Applejack
    SoCalPat
    Scorcho

Colorado
    Sancho
    OrangeUte
    Hostile
    Sullyute
    Utah

Oregon St
    Toolblue

Arizona
    NorthwestUteFan

Cal
    Christrenrut
    Drum N Feather
    Mormon Red Death
    Senioritis
    Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Hmmmm...... Lemme take UW!

Updated:

UW
    Wally
    Applejack
    SoCalPat
    Scorcho

Colorado
    Sancho
    OrangeUte
    Hostile
    Sullyute
    Utah

Oregon St
    Toolblue

Arizona
    NorthwestUteFan

Cal
    Ublender
    Christrenrut
    Drum N Feather
    Mormon Red Death
    Senioritis
    Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Cmon you slackers! We need more people to ensure that we make it to week 8![/QUOTE]

Oh, very well. I'll take Colorado.

The picks so far:

UW
    Applejack
    SoCalPat
    Scorcho

Colorado
    Sancho
    OrangeUte
    Hostile
    Sullyute
    Utah

Oregon St
    Toolblue

Arizona
    NorthwestUteFan

Cal
    Christrenrut
    Drum N Feather
    Mormon Red Death
    Senioritis
    Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Quote Originally Posted by redastheycome View Post
    Oh, very well. I'll take Colorado.
    Careful, you might double your posts in this contest!

Put me down for UW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha! not this year my friend. I want to reclaim my championship.

Great to have you. Too bad you'll be done after 1 game

Colorado. I would love to pick Arizona, but after hearing about how bad the defense is from a guy on the radio, I am seriously doubting that Arizona will beat BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Colorado. I would love to pick Arizona, but after hearing about how bad the defense is from a guy on the radio, I am seriously doubting that Arizona will beat BYU.
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I heard that too. Some media guy really doubts the wildcat defense. It makes me sad now, but hopefully will make me happy on 10/8.
    Given Arizona's recent success against our defense, primarily lead by Sitake, this will be a very interesting game on both sides of the ball really. I'll be interested to see if BYU's D can slow down Arizona's offense. I expect a pretty high scoring game here from both squads, and a blueprint handed to our coaches for how to beat each team.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I like your optimism, but I'm not sure about Arizona's offense. BYU has a pretty good defense, and their strength is run defense. Plus, who knows what Anu Solomon will be like. I could see zona really struggling to score.

I agree. BYU's defense will be better than most Ute fans want to acknowledge. I'm thinking BYU wins this game 42-27.

I heard that too. Some media guy really doubts the wildcat defense. It makes me sad now, but hopefully will make me happy on 10/8.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Given Arizona's recent success against our defense, primarily lead by Sitake, this will be a very interesting game on both sides of the ball really. I'll be interested to see if BYU's D can slow down Arizona's offense. I expect a pretty high scoring game here from both squads, and a blueprint handed to our coaches for how to beat each team.
    I like your optimism, but I'm not sure about Arizona's offense. BYU has a pretty good defense, and their strength is run defense. Plus, who knows what Anu Solomon will be like. I could see zona really struggling to score.
    Take this crap to the IWannaQuitYou thread. This is for Pac-12 picks!

Touche.

Careful, you might double your posts in this contest!

Here's what I know...we had a pretty good defense last year and Arizona put up 450 yards on us in that 2 OT victory. If you are asking me whether or not I think BYU's defense is better than that, especially without that one run-stuffer guy and the LB that probably won't play, the answer is no, I don't. Now, BYU may still win that game, but my whole point was that I am very much interested to see how BYU's D does against Arizona's offense, particularly given that we have struggled vs. them.

Sorry AJ.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I agree. BYU's defense will be better than most Ute fans want to acknowledge. I'm thinking BYU wins this game 42-27.
    I'm not sure why everyone thinks BYU's defense will be that amazing. They lost Tuiloma, who was a monster last year. And their defense fell apart when he was out. They lost Kaufusi. They moved Langi to DE. Actually, they moved him to a hybrid DE/OLB and they are playing a mix between a 4-3 and a 3-4 due to the lack of defensive ends. The LB group is very thin as well, with only one proven guy in Warner. As much as people like to say how they stress about Utah's LB'ers, look at BYU's:

Bernard - he was a RB
    Pau'u - completely unproven. hasn't done anything
    Warner - complete stud. Amazing LB'er.

If you were to give me BYU's DL and LB's or Utah's...it's Utah's and it's not even close. Warner is the only kid that would start for us.

They are starting a true freshman at CB and their best safety is Kai Nacua...and is listed as a co-starter in their depth chart.

And we haven't even mentioned that Bronco is gone. They guy is vastly underrated. What he did with BYU's defense is nothing short of a miracle. He is a great defensive mind.

So, I don't think BYU's defense will be all worldly bad...but it won't be as good. Bronson Kaufusi was extremely underrated (he single handidly shut down Utah) and Tuiloma will be missed big time. Him being out another month is a HUGE blow to BYU.

The Arizona game will be a shootout. It wouldn't shock me if that game takes 4 hours and ends up in the 40's for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Here's what I know...we had a pretty good defense last year and Arizona put up 450 yards on us in that 2 OT victory. If you are asking me whether or not I think BYU's defense is better than that, especially without that one run-stuffer guy and the LB that probably won't play, the answer is no, I don't. Now, BYU may still win that game, but my whole point was that I am very much interested to see how BYU's D does against Arizona's offense, particularly given that we have struggled vs. them.

Sorry AJ.
    What the heck is it with us and Arizona? Why do we suck so badly defensively vs them? Is it because they have us figured out? Or is it because they work so fast, they get more opportunities with their offense and our offense sucks so badly that we give it back to them too many times?

Would an offense that can actually attack their weak defense make our defense look amazing vs them?

Updated in order to cleanse this thread of byu/arizona shenanigans:

UW
    Wally
    RockerUte
    Applejack
    SoCalPat
    Scorcho

Colorado
    Sancho
    redastheycome
    OrangeUte
    Hostile
    Sullyute
    Utah
    Uteopia

Oregon St
    Toolblue

Arizona
    NorthwestUteFan

Cal
    Ublender
    Christrenrut
    Drum N Feather
    Mormon Red Death
    Senioritis
    Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Tomorrow I start calling out people by name. For shame!

Tooblue and I may be done after this weekend. It will have been fun while it lasted, again...

I made it to week 2 for the first time in this contest. Thank you Cal.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Updated: Good effort Toolblue. Too bad you can't watch the game next week either

UW
    Wally
    RockerUte
    Applejack
    SoCalPat
    Scorcho

Colorado
    Sancho
    redastheycome
    OrangeUte
    Hostile
    Sullyute
    Utah
    Uteopia

Oregon St
    Toolblue

Arizona
    NorthwestUteFan

Cal
    Ublender
    Christrenrut
    Drum N Feather
    Mormon Red Death
    Senioritis
    Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Paging U-Ute, Diehard, SeattleUte, Dwight Schrute, Solon, Sully, USS, Justaute, TwoUtes, Garth, Utahdan (do they still post), and Maake. This is the last day to get in on the extreme fun!

Colorado

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great first week. Nearly everyone advances. On to week 2.

UW
    Wally
    RockerUte
    Applejack
    SoCalPat
    Scorcho

Colorado
    Sancho
    redastheycome
    OrangeUte
    Hostile
    Sullyute
    Utah
    Uteopia
    Eldiente

Oregon St
    Toolblue

Arizona
    NorthwestUteFan

Cal
    Ublender
    Christrenrut
    Drum N Feather
    Mormon Red Death
    Senioritis
    Scratch
    Concerned
    Mpfunk
    Brian
    UtahMrSports
    Anwhere but BYU
    LAUTE
    HuskyFreeNW

Week 2....give me

Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
    Idaho @ Washington
    Byu @ Utah
    unlv @ ucla
    Texas tech @ Arizona state
    Washington st @ Boise state
    Cal @ sdsu
    Uva @ Oregon

Fcs opponents: Colorado and Arizona

Utah fan rooting guide: Go USU, UW, Utah, UNLV, TTech, Boise St, SDSU, and Oregon.
    Devildog was right, you make no sense.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I'm picking Oregon. I accept any ridicule for not picking Utah, I would rather save the Utes for a later week.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.