Thread: Women's Volleyball beats #9 BYU in Provo

Women's Volleyball beats #9 BYU in Provo

Fun match tonight in not as happy as it used to be valley. BYU had the longest home winning streak in the nation at 29 straight. Although this thing played out a lot like the football games have. Utah streaked out to a 2-0 set lead and was up 7-2 in the third set. BYU then finally pulled their heads out and started playing, taking sets 3 and 4 pretty convincingly.

In the fifth set, Utah built a lead, lost said lead and then rallied to score the last four points to close out the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Fun match tonight in not as happy as it used to be valley. BYU had the longest home winning streak in the nation at 29 straight. Although this thing played out a lot like the football games have. Utah streaked out to a 2-0 set lead and was up 7-2 in the third set. BYU then finally pulled their heads out and started playing, taking sets 3 and 4 pretty convincingly.

In the fifth set, Utah built a lead, lost said lead and then rallied to score the last four points to close out the win.

And Anae set the Utah single match kills record. Nice to have the Anae kids in red.

I caught the 4th and 5th set. Great to see Utah battle back and win it in the face of amazing support for the Cougars on their home court.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Women's volleyball gets upset by UNLV in the first round of the NCAA tournament missing a chance to beat BYU on their home court two times in one season.

Thanks for nothing, Wally.

#16 Utah takes on #14 BYU tonight at 7:00 pm in the Huntsman center. Get in free if you are wearing red. Also live on the Pac-12 channel.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Interesting match. Utah made BYU look silly in the first set. BYU made Utah look silly in the second and third sets. Utah won the fourth and the fifth went down to the wire 18-16 Cougars. But the Utes did manage to break their attendance record by 1,400.

Go ahead, Wally; rub it in. The mandatory dead period is over.

Your Cougar v-ballers won. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Go ahead, Wally; rub it in. The mandatory dead period is over.

Your Cougar v-ballers won. Respect.
    #16 against #14. A rivalry!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    #16 against #14. A rivalry!!
    Not you too, LA! First Wally goes to the dark side and now LAUte! I guess it's true what they say; consistently beating your rival will slowly kill your opponent's fanbase.

Not you too, LA! First Wally goes to the dark side and now LAUte! I guess it's true what they say; consistently beating your rival will slowly kill your opponent's fanbase.
    No. I was simply celebrating the presence a rivalry between the two schools in women's volleyball. I thought you lliked rivalries.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    No. I was simply celebrating the presence a rivalry between the two schools in women's volleyball. I thought you lliked rivalries.
    I do! But I prefer rivalries that we win.

I do! But I prefer rivalries that we win.
    LOL. So do I.

--Yeats