Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Basketball Recruiting Thread

2017 Basketball Recruiting Thread

I saw this come across my timeline and figured we should have a thread.

I saw a tweet yesterday that we have offered Pace Mannion's son, who is an Earl Watson elite player (whatever than means) in Phoenix.

Pace Manions son would be sweet. In kindergarten my teacher was pregnant and let us suggest names for the new baby. I suggested Pace after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I saw a tweet yesterday that we have offered Pace Mannion's son, who is an Earl Watson elite player (whatever than means) in Phoenix.
    He's a 2020.

We have also offered Jamal Bey and Kenneth Wooten.

It would feel really good to win one of these close calls.

Yes. Yes, it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    It would feel really good to win one of these close calls.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Yes. Yes, it would.
    Pretty elite company for us. I hope we beat them out.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

For those who don't know who Emmanual Akot is (I did not).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b.../emmanuel-akot

He plays at Wasatch Academy in Mount Pleasant.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

The 247 guys seem to think Tillman is utah bound! Would be sweet!

Branden Carlson, a 2017 4* PF/C from Bingham just committed.
    Last edited by justaute; 10-23-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Branden Carlson, a 2017 4* PF/C from Bingham just committed.
    Top 70 on scout. Is he a sign and send?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Top 70 on scout. Is he a sign and send?
    Yes. We have two commits now, both are sign and sends.

Here is the release on basketball signing day of the two sign and sends........

http://www.utahutes.com/news/2016/11...ir-to-nli.aspx

Does anyone else see a young bill simmons in that picture of jaxon brenchley? even a little bit?

It appears tillman wants to wait to make his choice, he was recently offered by va tech and tcu

I hope we can reel him in. He and seeley are the types of guys we need, long and athletic who can guard just about anyone.

Tillman in town for an official. I'm hoping he commits.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Tillman in town for an official. I'm hoping he commits.
    Any whispering son how the visit went?

Any whispering son how the visit went?

If I'm not mistaken he is still on the visit which will include the game tonight.

I REALLY hope we land Tillman, partly because he appears to be very good and partly because it seems that we are not actively recruiting anyone else at the moment (which is driving me crazy, but I've already ranted about that).

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    If I'm not mistaken he is still on the visit which will include the game tonight.

I REALLY hope we land Tillman, partly because he appears to be very good and partly because it seems that we are not actively recruiting anyone else at the moment (which is driving me crazy, but I've already ranted about that).
    Yep. Sounds like he's still in town. Fingers crossed that there's plenty of fans in the Hunty and we give Butler a good game.

Yep. Sounds like he's still in town. Fingers crossed that there's plenty of fans in the Hunty and we give Butler a good game.
    They are handing out free glow sticks!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Still lots of upper bowl seats available. Hopefully, the season ticket holders in the lower bowl will show up, or give their tickets to someone to use. I wish I could be there, have a family holiday obligation.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    They are handing out free glow sticks!
    Damn. People on UteZone are saying that he's more of a thunderstick kind of player.

Damn. People on UteZone are saying that he's more of a thunderstick kind of player.
    Well he's screwed then. They're "artificial noise makers" and thus are supposed to be banned by the NCAA.

Jazz dunk team is the halftime entertainment tonight. The human sound guy at the last game was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Jazz dunk team is the halftime entertainment tonight. The human sound guy at the last game was awful.
    Yeah, that was bad. I'd rather watch the dancing grandmas anytime over that.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Yeah, that was bad. I'd rather watch the dancing grandmas anytime over that.
    The dancing grandmas, and their love for bragging about how many kids they've put in Utah County is about the same for me.

I noticed on tillmans rivals page that he will be taking an official to tcu at the end of December. He has an impressive offer list, although I wonder how many of those are 'Offers' and how many are 'offers'.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Still lots of upper bowl seats available. Hopefully, the season ticket holders in the lower bowl will show up, or give their tickets to someone to use. I wish I could be there, have a family holiday obligation.
    I did my part.

--Yeats

Free article from Alex Markham on Tillmans visit, plus a highlight video at the bottom.

https://utah.rivals.com/news/tillman...nin-utes-visit

Apparently, had an official visit from Justice Sueing, 6-6 3-star SF from Mater Dei in SoCal. There are some very notable Utah hoops alumni that would've fallen out of their chairs upon hearing that news.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Apparently, had an official visit from Justice Sueing, 6-6 3-star SF from Mater Dei in SoCal. There are some very notable Utah hoops alumni that would've fallen out of their chairs upon hearing that news.
    I hope Utah lands him for no other reason than that I want to hear the name Justice Sueing over and over again.

--Yeats

Here's Sueing's highlight clip. I like how he uses both hands. What do you all think of his shooting motion?

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Here's Sueing's highlight clip. I like how he uses both hands. What do you all think of his shooting motion?
    This one shows some serious athleticism:

--Yeats