Thread: 2017 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I'm not so sure about the 10, but I believe in the 7. The 7 is more important to us anyway. Collette is our primary post scorer.
    He averaged 4.3 RPG in 12.3 MPG this year. That means that if he just maintains that rate, he should get 7 RPG even if he only plays 20 MPG. Jayce is not a perfect player, far from it, but there are some things that he does very well and a lot of Ute fans severely undervalue him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    He averaged 4.3 RPG in 12.3 MPG this year. That means that if he just maintains that rate, he should get 7 RPG even if he only plays 20 MPG. Jayce is not a perfect player, far from it, but there are some things that he does very well and a lot of Ute fans severely undervalue him.
    Like I said, I believe in the 7. It's always been clear that he can rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    The question I have about Jayce's progress is where his minutes will come from. I really don't think he and Collette can be on the floor at the same time. Collette does not have the range or athleticism to play the 4. If Jayce consistently gets 20 minutes a game, I think he can be an 10 and 7 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    The question I have about Jayce's progress is where his minutes will come from. I really don't think he and Collette can be on the floor at the same time. Collette does not have the range or athleticism to play the 4. If Jayce consistently gets 20 minutes a game, I think he can be an 10 and 7 guy.
    With Collette's foul history, my fear is that Jayce gets too many minutes.

Sounds like Moretti will be flying in tonight to begin his visit tomorrow. I have no idea what his timetable is once he is done, but I imagine its soon, with Fall semester 2.5 months away in many places.

Moretti's visit is complete. Per the old twitter machine, he is being tight lipped, but should have a decision soon. With him being tight lipped, and the staff being tight lipped, I dont expect any sort of leaking info until he makes his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Moretti's visit is complete. Per the old twitter machine, he is being tight lipped, but should have a decision soon. With him being tight lipped, and the staff being tight lipped, I dont expect any sort of leaking info until he makes his decision.
    I feel good about this. I've been riding a string of good luck for the past few weeks.