Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I've got 99 cap problems, but the Mullet ain't 1: 2016-17 NHL Thread

Well this has been quite the week for the Blackhawks.

While my initial reaction was bad, I actually like the Panarin for Saad trade. It makes a lot of sense and I actually think it makes the team better.

KNEEL BEFORE SAAD.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Game 7's are good.

This Caps Lightning series has been great, I'd like to see the Caps win a cup

I'm pulling for Vegas, just cuz it'd be a fun story.

Honk, honk, honk... Let's go caps
    honk, honk, honk... Let's go caps

I think you all know where I stand on this. Let's go Caps!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I heard there is s guy that put $100 on the Knights to win the cup preseason at 300-1 odds

Let's go caps! (Or something; what Olympic sport are we talking about?).

Anyone else watching the "opening ceremonies"? Hilarious. How can I root against Vegas now?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Anyone else watching the "opening ceremonies"? Hilarious. How can I root against Vegas now?
    The Caps are really raising the stakes tonight. They have Pat Sajak (a Caps fan and season ticket holder) announcing the lineups tonight. Take that Michael Buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    The Caps are really raising the stakes tonight. They have Pat Sajak (a Caps fan and season ticket holder) announcing the lineups tonight. Take that Michael Buffer.
    Advantage Caps.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Advantage Caps.

You want another advantage for the Caps, I saw Lynda Carter in the fan-fest crowd before the game, and thought, that looks like Lynda Carter. Sure enough, they show her on the jumbotron during the game wearing her Caps jersey. Wonder Woman, y'all. Can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyUte View Post
    You want another advantage for the Caps, I saw Lynda Carter in the fan-fest crowd before the game, and thought, that looks like Lynda Carter. Sure enough, they show her on the jumbotron during the game wearing her Caps jersey. Wonder Woman, y'all. Can't beat that.
    Washington was dominant, except for that mistaken pass by the Caps goalie it would have been a shutout.

If Vegas doesn't win tonight its over.

They did it!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    They did it!!!!!!!!!!

great game 5, back and forth

Islanders / Penguins affair was outstanding tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Islanders / Penguins affair was outstanding tonight
    How about the Blue Jackets putting the wood to the Lightning?

Sharks vs Golden Knights game 7 had everything - great goalie play, pouring blood from a wound onto the ice, a major double cross check penalty, a Vegas 3-0 lead that quickly turned into a 4-3 San Jose lead and then overtime.

wow

Sharks vs Golden Knights game 7 had everything - great goalie play, pouring blood from a wound onto the ice, a major double cross check penalty, a Vegas 3-0 lead that quickly turned into a 4-3 San Jose lead and then overtime.

wow
    It was amazing...and both teams were totally gassed by the time that goal was scored. Great game.

Season starts tonight!

Season starts tonight!
    Yes!!! Next to baseball, hockey is the best. It has everything football has less the desultory stops in play every 5 seconds.

Capitals top the Blues in OT in a matchup of the last two champions. Hard to see a loss on their schedule here...