Thread: TapaTalk Changes

TapaTalk Changes

When viewing messages that have vine, giphy, and gifv BBCodes in them, they should now be replaced by links to the item instead of showing the raw BBCode.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    When viewing messages that have vine, giphy, and gifv BBCodes in them, they should now be replaced by links to the item instead of showing the raw BBCode.
    Thanks, U-Ute.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Anyone else having issues with Tapatalk where it just keeps refreshing and never finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Anyone else having issues with Tapatalk where it just keeps refreshing and never finished?
    I have noticed that it often takes much longer to load, but not the refreshing problem you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I have noticed that it often takes much longer to load, but not the refreshing problem you describe.

The only time I have this issue is at the U games where the cell towers seem to get overloaded.

Looks like Tapatalk is back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Looks like Tapatalk is back.

Bummer now it's not
    working
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

It doesn't even show up on my iPhone now and when I search for it nothing shows up. What do we need to do to get it back?

--Yeats

It doesn't even show up on my iPhone now and when I search for it nothing shows up. What do we need to do to get it back?
    U-Ute is working on it.

If you login to your inbox to read a private message the forum will reappear, but it only stays for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    U-Ute is working on it.

If you login to your inbox to read a private message the forum will reappear, but it only stays for a few hours.

It's crazy as it just reappeared

It is back now for me. Apparently when the site went down for a few days, we lost our API key for Tapatalk (Whatever that is) and it took a few days to get that back. Thank you, Orange Ute and U-Ute, for fixing this.

--Yeats

Ugh. Finally got this put back together. Utah By 5 still doesn’t show up in the search but if I scroll down, it gives me threads I’ve commented on and I can get in through the back way. When I did that a second time tonight, I got a pop up to add the group to my follow list and it looks like things are back to normal. A big thank you to those who work behind the scenes to keep this place together.

For a while I had to login every time. Now it seems to be acccepting me. Maybe it’s a familiarity thing.

--Yeats

It vanished several times a day for me. Keep having to log back in

I have to scroll down on the main page, find a thread in this forum and once I click that, I’d give me a “Follow” pop up, where I have to click that, back out to the Tapatalk main page, click on Utah by 5, then log in. I must really like you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I have to scroll down on the main page, find a thread in this forum and once I click that, I’d give me a “Follow” pop up, where I have to click that, back out to the Tapatalk main page, click on Utah by 5, then log in. I must really like you guys.
    I can't even log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Ugh. Finally got this put back together. Utah By 5 still doesn’t show up in the search but if I scroll down, it gives me threads I’ve commented on and I can get in through the back way. When I did that a second time tonight, I got a pop up to add the group to my follow list and it looks like things are back to normal. A big thank you to those who work behind the scenes to keep this place together.

I have been searching for a while and it just popped up now for me on tapatalk. Man I missed you guys. :group hug:

This forum isn't anywhere on Tapatalk. I can't even log in to the messages like I used to. Is there some weird programming issue?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    This forum isn't anywhere on Tapatalk. I can't even log in to the messages like I used to. Is there some weird programming issue?
    It works OK for me but I periodically have to log in, which takes only a couple of extra steps. Still, I shouldn't have to do that. Who knows a Tapatalk expert? Lebowski gave only very limited, grudging advice.

--Yeats

I have to log in constantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I have to log in constantly

Same here. Utahby5 doesn’t come up when I search for it. I have to look in my feed for a post, then click on it. Super annoying.

Does anybody want to take this on? Deal with Tapatalk user support, etc.? I'll bet there is an easy fix but I am illiterate when it comes to this type of Internet issue.

--Yeats

How bizarre. I finally found a thread, followed this forum, and was able to log back in via Tapatalk. Hope it lasts. I haven't been able to use this forum at all for the last several months otherwise.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    How bizarre. I finally found a thread, followed this forum, and was able to log back in via Tapatalk. Hope it lasts. I haven't been able to use this forum at all for the last several months otherwise.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
    The only way I can use it is to log into my private messages which lets me log into the forum. I get kicked out the minute I’m not active for 2-3 minutes.

I closed down Tapatalk and when I came back I didn't have this forum listed in my followed fora. I was only able to get back because I literally found your reply and was able to follow, login, etc.

I wonder if the problem is Tapatalk trying to usey Tapatalk password instead of my forum login and password?

Weird either way. And disappointing.

TapaTalk Changes

Does anyone want to try to tackle this? It’s a frustrating problem.

--Yeats

Does anyone want to try to tackle this? It’s a frustrating problem?
    I would if I had time...but I just don’t these days. And work just got a bit crazier with today’s events.

I have tried to google the issue and have yet to find an answer.

Pure speculation on my part, but when the site went down for a while it probably got deregistered with Tapatalk. I tried to create an account at tapatalk.com to see if it would let me register it, but it says it already is with another account (obviously) - so we likely need the login of whomever originally set it up (was that Jarid in Cedar?).

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Pure speculation on my part, but when the site went down for a while it probably got deregistered with Tapatalk. I tried to create an account at tapatalk.com to see if it would let me register it, but it says it already is with another account (obviously) - so we likely need the login of whomever originally set it up (was that Jarid in Cedar?).
    I’m working on getting this info.

--Yeats