Thread: Utah Family atmosphere

Utah Family atmosphere

I always hear guys talk about how the team is "family". I've been wondering what the coaching staff is doing to foster that kind of culture. Anyone have any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I always hear guys talk about how the team is "family". I've been wondering what the coaching staff is doing to foster that kind of culture. Anyone have any insight?
    I know Kyle attributes some of it to the diversity of the team. He's very proud of the fact that Utah is diverse.

Recruits and players repeatedly point out that the coaches follow through with things. Joe Williams talked about the support he got from coaches and teammates when he decided to leave.

I think you'll find the coaching staff, and the U as a whole, really looks out for their athletes as people. The way they handle injuries. The fact that athletes who have career ending injuries aren't kicked to the curb but get to stay on scholarship and are provided with ways to stay involved with the program.

You're a person first and an athlete second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that Kyle actually legally adopts every player when they sign with the program. You might think that is an enormous burden, but remember that it also equates to one helluva child tax credit too.

This may answer the question. Great article on Gaius Vaenuku's family and the U honoring him on senior day

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42242114&nid=635

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cedric Poutasi's mom died yesterday. Here is a sad story about signing day for the family (his brother signed with Cal): http://www.espn.com/college-football...s-mother-death

Really great interview on Riley's show today with Reggie Dunn. Find it and listen to it if you can. What a likable young guy. He said he would like to get into coaching and recruiting, and I hope he does. He had a lot to say about the family atmosphere at Utah, just like everybody who plays there seems to. And he is certainly a Ute through and through. Really fun to listen to him.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Yesterday, Morgan Scalley encouraged past and present players to list their top three reasons for being a Ute. He retweet response after response and they all of them listed the family/brotherhood atmosphere of the team. Pretty impressive.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/UteReasons?src=hash