Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA hoops: 2016-2017 edition

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    #1,2,3,4 have all lost over the past few days.

Congrats two utes.
    Yeah that was a heck of a game last night.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Looks like Utah is slowly creeping into the top 25. Jon Wilner with the only vote for Utah at 25. Obviously beating Oregon should do it.
    Does Gonzaga move to #1?

http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/u/2016

Quote Originally Posted by The Thrill View Post
    Looks like Utah is slowly creeping into the top 25. Jon Wilner with the only vote for Utah at 25. Obviously beating Oregon should do it.
    Does Gonzaga move to #1?

http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/u/2016

I hope not. There are too many Cougar fans that would use it as justification when Gonzaga pummels them by 20 about how great BYU is.

#6 FSU goes down at Syracuse. #9 UNC getting blown out at Miami. #14 ND lost to GT. #15 Wiscy in OT at Rutgers.

I think basketball is wide open this season.

This clip is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you enjoy watching officials take over games? Turn on duke/wake for a ridiculous whistle fest.

Do you enjoy watching officials take over games? Turn on duke/wake for a ridiculous whistle fest.
    Duke suks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes6 View Post
    Duke suks lol
    great comeback in a horrible game

Duke took a timeout at the end down one, and it worked.

Why do Oregon's stars all look like they are in their 30s?

Colorado has a real chance of upsetting Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Colorado has a real chance of upsetting Oregon.
    Wish it were us handing them a loss, but it sure is fun to see Oregon go down in a full pout.

Over. Oregon has never won at CU, but it owns Utah. sigh...

Duke/Unc with another great one.

Ucla with an incredible comeback to beat the ducks.

Duke/Unc with another great one.

Ucla with an incredible comeback to beat the ducks.
    Duck/Bruins...terrific game. Ball just took control at the end of the game. That step-back, long 3. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Duck/Bruins...terrific game. Ball just took control at the end of the game. That step-back, long 3. Wow.
    he has the craziest release of a shot, it works but its funky

The NCAA Selection Committee released their first bracket today with the top 16 teams and among those are: Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon, with the Ducks currently getting sent out West, and UCLA heading to New York and Arizona to Tennessee.

They brought Jerry Palm on to project the rest of the bracket, and he had 5 Pac 12 teams in pretty comfortably:

2 - Oregon
    3 - Arizona
    4 - UCLA
    7 - USC
    8 - Cal
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

If we could just sneak in to the dance this year that would be a huge accomplishment for this team after all the changeover. That would be three years in a row and we could keep building momentum going forward. Make it happen Utes!

Watching Gonzaga beat St Mary's while I wait for the Pac-12 games to start.

Quick - without looking it up, what are St Mary's quality wins?

By the way, the worst charge/block call of the year - the one vs SFU - cost us top 50 and top 100 RPI wins.
    Last edited by sancho; 02-11-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Watching Gonzaga beat St Mary's while I wait for the Pac-12 games to start.

Quick - without looking it up, what are St Mary's quality wins?

By the way, the worst charge/block call of the year - the one vs SFU - cost us top 50 and top 100 RPI wins.
    Yeah - USF at 94...ISU at 36 or so...even if we split last week you're talking about 4 RPI top 100 wins.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Here's a nutty stat for you...of the teams currently in the RPI top 100, 23 of them are sub .500 in their conferences. By my count...at least 5 of those teams are currently projected to be in the field by Joe Lunardi.

It seems Mark Few has some bitter feelings towards the fans in SLC. The Zags are widely expected to play in SLC for their opening round games as the overall number 1 seed in the West. As much as I want to root for the Zags I just can't get there. I hope they get bounced in SLC again.

"Few recalled that scene in Tuesday's postgame news conference. When I asked if he would welcome another assignment to Salt Lake City, he said, "If they want to cheer for us, yeah. If they do that crap they did last time, then no. … If we have a following, make it some kind of advantage for us."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5027589...d-be-coming-to

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    It seems Mark Few has some bitter feelings towards the fans in SLC. The Zags are widely expected to play in SLC for their opening round games as the overall number 1 seed in the West. As much as I want to root for the Zags I just can't get there. I hope they get bounced in SLC again.

"Few recalled that scene in Tuesday's postgame news conference. When I asked if he would welcome another assignment to Salt Lake City, he said, "If they want to cheer for us, yeah. If they do that crap they did last time, then no. … If we have a following, make it some kind of advantage for us."

The crap that every arena does....root for the underdog....a local underdog at that.

Few seems to forget he's not the underdog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I want to root for the Zags
    Why would any of us want to root for them? They are the only western power outside our conference. They pounded us last year. Few cancelled the NY Eve series we were going to have with them after we beat them. And they always blow it against our rival and give our rival a quality win. Gonzaga is easy to root against.

Why would any of us want to root for them?
    Mostly because I have lived in WA for several years now.

Whatdidwe
    What did SLC fans do to him last time he was here?

Did we throw things? Did we disrupt the game? Did we pour drinks on his players?

Or

Did we just boo?

If it's the latter...

Mostly because I have lived in WA for several years now.
    All the more reason to root against them! They are the private school up there. Root for the schools your tax dollars support!

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Whatdidwe
    What did SLC fans do to him last time he was here?

Did we throw things? Did we disrupt the game? Did we pour drinks on his players?

Or

Did we just boo?

If it's the latter...
    Few is a pansy still torqued about the whole Giac thing. Last time they were here there was a loud contingency cheering for the teams they were playing, bolstered by local fans looking for the defeat. I doubt anything was thrown at them or whatever (NCAA tournament makes that too hard for SLC fans to do that. The schools in the tournament have sections near the floor, the random SLC fan gets upper bowl seats etc.)

As for Few thinking it was crap for the local fans to cheer against them last time they played tourney games in Salt Lake, that's what comes with having a high seed. There was once a simply epic game between highly favored Zona and the Zags in the Hunty where fans were solidly cheering for Gonzaga to pull the upset. That's the way it goes in the tourney with many neutral fans cheering for the upset to happen.

Thank you, basketball gods, for a third Duke/Carolina game this season.

Thank you, basketball gods, for a third Duke/Carolina game this season.
    Woo. Heckuva game.