Thread: Why does this site make all text run together?

Banned

Why does this site make all text run together?

There have been several threads I have attempted to post on where all the text runs together without allowing spaces between words. WTF?

Banned
    Please don't tell me user error... I'm not that drunk. This is the only site I use that does that.

This just started happening for me too. What’s up, U-Ute? Save us!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Unclean, unclean. They have Applejack disease. Unclean.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Oh, I see, now you all recognize there is a problem with the site because YOU are inconvenienced. So selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Oh, I see, now you all recognize there is a problem with the site because YOU are inconvenienced. So selfish.
    The problem suddenly went away for me. I attribute that to my living right, on and off the board. I hope magic happens for you too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

No. You didn't use protection and infected others. Who's the selfish one?

I'm not sure what causes it or what makes it go away. I suspect it has to do with browser plugins.

What I have seen is that I've never had any problems using the Advanced editor. So I usually click "Reply With Quote" and then immediately click "Go Advanced".

Unclean.Unclean.Unclean.Gettheehence,unclean.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

For me, it is about "reply with quote." If I just reply I'm fine; reply with quote is where I encounter difficulty.

For me, it is about "reply with quote." If I just reply I'm fine; reply with quote is where I encounter difficulty.
    Here's a really odd work around that I've been doing when I reply with quote.

In the line directly under the quote, I hit the space bar, then a hard return to the next line down and then I don't have any problems.

If I hard return twice after the quote (which is my typical) I have the spacing issues.

I think moose has poisoned our water.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I think moose has poisoned our water.
    Moose don't respect the water shed signs.