Thread: A test at age 3 can predict whether children ...

A test at age 3 can predict whether children ...

A test at age 3 can predict whether children will grow and go to jail and lead a troubled life, scientists say

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...scientists-say

A simple test at the age of three can determine whether children will grow up to be a burden on society, needing excessive welfare, spending time in prison or becoming obese, a 35-year study has shown.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    A test at age 3 can predict whether children will grow and go to jail and lead a troubled life, scientists say

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...scientists-say
    Ah, the old marshmallow test. I'm pretty certain that all 5 of my kids would fail this spectacularly. You're welcome, society.

I've never heard of the National Post. Is this Canada's excuse of a newspaper?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Ah, the old marshmallow test.......
    The Marshmallow Report, starring Tom Cruise.....
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    The Marshmallow Report, starring Tom Cruise.....
    The report comes from joint researchers at King's College London and Duke University. Now I have another reason to root against Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I've never heard of the National Post. Is this Canada's excuse of a newspaper?
    Well, unlike present company, not everyone prefers to get their news from USA Today or foxnews.com.

Well, unlike present company, not everyone prefers to get their news from USA Today or foxnews.com.

Those are the only news sources in Canada? It's more of a wasteland than I ever imagined (and I imagined a pretty wasted land).

Those are the only news sources in Canada? It's more of a wasteland than I ever imagined (and I imagined a pretty wasted land).
    Smackjack is this the best you got lol Must be a really putrid week/month/year for you to be trolling like this. Playing Indiana in a bowl game not doing it for ya? Of course, I don't blame you. If you didn't have Bronco Mendenhall v2.0 as your head coach, the Utes would at least be playing in the Rose bowl, if not the Playoff! But maybe it's likely more indicative of your cowardly head basketball coaches scheduling machinations that's got you down? Cowering away from your rivals can mess with your head.

Look: we know you are a fan of Fox News and are quite excited by the prospects of a Trump presidency. The hoopla and all surrounding his inauguration should buoy you up during these tough Utah sports times; or give you something to look forward to at least.

Smackjack is this the best you got lol Must be a really putrid week/month/year for you to be trolling like this. Playing Indiana in a bowl game not doing it for ya? Of course, I don't blame you. If you didn't have Bronco Mendenhall v2.0 as your head coach, the Utes would at least be playing in the Rose bowl, if not the Playoff! But maybe it's likely more indicative of your cowardly head basketball coaches scheduling machinations that's got you down? Cowering away from your rivals can mess with your head.

Look: we know you are a fan of Fox News and are quite excited by the prospects of a Trump presidency. The hoopla and all surrounding his inauguration should buoy you up during these tough Utah sports times; or give you something to look forward to at least.
    I agree with you that the Utah football team was a very talented squad.

Canada: America's Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Canada: America's Hat.
    "Vive le Canada because we need you very, very badly." —Joe Biden

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38268887

"Vive le Canada because we need you very, very badly." —Joe Biden

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38268887
    "Hannibal Lecter was an inspiration in how he always surrounded himself with people of great taste." - Justin Trudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    "Hannibal Lecter was an inspiration in how he always surrounded himself with people of great taste." - Justin Trudeau
    lol ... Did they have great taste, or did they taste great?

lol ... Did they have great taste, or did they taste great?
    Both work.