Thread: Utah Football - Spring 2017

Hybrid View

Ok, with the departure of Bolles, I'm officially worried about our O-line for next year.

We lose the meaty left side of our line (Bolles, Asiata, Dielman): all with a decent chance of playing in the league. Plus, we lose our right tackle, Tevi. That's a lot to lose. So who do we put in their spots?

Lo Falamaka(C): He'll be a senior next year and was the starting center this year when he was healthy. Health is a big question mark, but we'll look to him to provide stability.
    Salesi Uhatafe (RG): The only returning player who was penciled in to start last year as well. He'll need to show more next year.
    Jackson Barton (LT?): He was a big time recruit for us, so I am a little worried that he hasn't played that much for us until now (he'll be a redshirt junior). What do others who have watched him play think? Is he capable?
    Darrin Paulo (LG): The big sophmore (RS) gets a lot of praise from the coaches so I am hopeful he can fill the spot vacated by Asiata without too many growing pains.
    Right Tackle? A lot of names, lots of youth, but no experience for this spot. Johnny Capra is the big recruit that you'd hope assumes the mantel, but other redshirt sophomores (Kevin Dixon, Scott Peck [is he a freshman]) could challenge. This position gives me heartburn because I haven't heard from the coaches about any of these guys, and someone will be starting next fall. Gulp.

Other names you're likely to hear: Nick Carmen, Jake Grant, Tucker Scott (all are freshmen or sophomores, all probably guards or centers).

Utah Football - Spring 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Ok, with the departure of Bolles, I'm officially worried about our O-line for next year.

We lose the meaty left side of our line (Bolles, Asiata, Dielman): all with a decent chance of playing in the league. Plus, we lose our right tackle, Tevi. That's a lot to lose. So who do we put in their spots?

Lo Falamaka(C): He'll be a senior next year and was the starting center this year when he was healthy. Health is a big question mark, but we'll look to him to provide stability.
    Salesi Uhatafe (RG): The only returning player who was penciled in to start last year as well. He'll need to show more next year.
    Jackson Barton (LT?): He was a big time recruit for us, so I am a little worried that he hasn't played that much for us until now (he'll be a redshirt junior). What do others who have watched him play think? Is he capable?
    Darrin Paulo (LG): The big sophmore (RS) gets a lot of praise from the coaches so I am hopeful he can fill the spot vacated by Asiata without too many growing pains.
    Right Tackle? A lot of names, lots of youth, but no experience for this spot. Johnny Capra is the big recruit that you'd hope assumes the mantel, but other redshirt sophomores (Kevin Dixon, Scott Peck [is he a freshman]) could challenge. This position gives me heartburn because I haven't heard from the coaches about any of these guys, and someone will be starting next fall. Gulp.

Other names you're likely to hear: Nick Carmen, Jake Grant, Tucker Scott (all are freshmen or sophomores, all probably guards or centers).
    You're forgetting Jordan Agasiva

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...jordan-agasiva

And Barton actually played quite a bit. He just had Tevi and Bolles to compete with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

And Barton actually played quite a bit. He just had Tevi and Bolles to compete with

Yes, Barton did play and I get some comfort knowing that the tackles in front of him are likely going pro.

I heard Chow on the radio last week raving about Agasiva. Said we got a really good one. Talk is cheap, of course. fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I heard Chow on the radio last week raving about Agasiva. Said we got a really good one. Talk is cheap, of course. fwiw.

Assuming that Chow is right, that just pushes Darrin Paulo back. He's not big enough to play tackle, right?

Assuming that Chow is right, that just pushes Darrin Paulo back. He's not big enough to play tackle, right?
    Agasiva is a tackle and that's his preference. He's 6'5" and over 300.

Agasiva is a tackle and that's his preference. He's 6'5" and over 300.

That would be welcome news. I just ask because the espn site you provided lists him as a guard.

That would be welcome news. I just ask because the espn site you provided lists him as a guard.
    He can play either, but his JC coach said he's a tackle, prefers to play tackle, but can play guard if needed.