Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Utah Football - Spring 2017

I had no idea that Ken Niumatalolo's kid will be playing linebacker for us. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I had no idea that Ken Niumatalolo's kid will be playing linebacker for us. Interesting.

Didnt he play for Bronco? Is is tranferring or coming back from a mission?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Didnt he play for Bronco? Is is tranferring or coming back from a mission?
    Close. Sounds like he committed to Boise State (Bronco) out of high school but both parties agreed to not sign a NLI due to him serving a mission. Got home in February and de-committed. 3* LB out of high school.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.capit...story,amp.html

Close. Sounds like he committed to Boise State (Bronco) out of high school but both parties agreed to not sign a NLI due to him serving a mission. Got home in February and de-committed. 3* LB out of high school.
    Gotta love surprise good news. Linebacker, son of a coach, and 20 years old? Yes, please.

Officially getting Fitts back is awesome. We will have three DL, a LB and a S drafted next spring. Our defense is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Officially getting Fitts back is awesome. We will have three DL, a LB and a S drafted next spring. Our defense is incredible.

Is this suggesting that Luafastanga is going to get drafted or Mokofisi? Also, does it mean that Hansen is leaving early?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Is this suggesting that Luafastanga is going to get drafted or Mokofisi? Also, does it mean that Hansen is leaving early?
    I'd put money on Hansen, Lotulelei, Fitts and Mokofisi being drafted. I'd be surprised if Luafatasaga isn't. The last couple of games, he was a monster on our defense.

I don't see why Hansen would come back. He was incredible last year. He can play Safety or LB at the next level. He can cover, he can hit, he can do it all. It wouldn't shock me if he gets drafted higher than Williams. Williams was still drafted on potential (which sounds crazy) but Hansen will be more of a finished product.

Hansen is the evolving NFL's dream safety/LB.

Luafatasaga had 22 tackles the last two games, 18 solo. It clicked for him.

Hansen had 90 tackles, 3 INT's, 3 FF, 4 FR, 1 TD. Just a monster.

I think we see Mokofisi take it up another level next year. If Leki Fotu and/or another DT can get playing time, it would bump Moko outside and with Fitts on the other side...lol. Good luck. Five man front, with Leki as the NT, Lotulelei and Moko as the DT and Anae and Fitts outside? Yikes.

Then you have Luafatasaga and Hansen cleaning up whatever may get past that?

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I'd put money on Hansen, Lotulelei, Fitts and Mokofisi being drafted. I'd be surprised if Luafatasaga isn't. The last couple of games, he was a monster on our defense.

I don't see why Hansen would come back. He was incredible last year. He can play Safety or LB at the next level. He can cover, he can hit, he can do it all. It wouldn't shock me if he gets drafted higher than Williams. Williams was still drafted on potential (which sounds crazy) but Hansen will be more of a finished product.

Hansen is the evolving NFL's dream safety/LB.
    Mokofisi is too small to be drafted, methinks. Lafuastanga would have to have a much better year than last year to get drafted.

Mokofisi is too small to be drafted, methinks. Lafuastanga would have to have a much better year than last year to get drafted.
    Mokofisi would have to post some really good agility and speed numbers. He's listed at 6'3" 278, if he's fast enough to play end he could make it. But that's a big if.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Mokofisi would have to post some really good agility and speed numbers. He's listed at 6'3" 278, if he's fast enough to play end he could make it. But that's a big if.

Moko is a great end that was moved inside due to depth at the end position and Tui'kolovatu leaving. Had Tui stayed, he would have primarily been an end.

Nice to see you here, AJ.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I can't wait to get this kid up on the hill! Welcome home, Elder!

Empey has already told people he is transferring, according to cougarboard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Empey has already told people he is transferring, according to cougarboard anyway.
    Yeah. I haven't seen one Utah related where anyone is giving time an even 25% chance of showing up to Utah. It's a pretty interesting situation for the kid though. Here you have a program that you committed to out of high school. One that is essentially replacing it's whole o-line, so you could have an immediate shot at playing time. A program that just put four o-linemen in the NFL, with a position coach that his players love and does a hell of a job coaching kids up. Or, sit out a year? to go play for your dad.

A program that just put four o-linemen in the NFL, with a position coach that his players love and does a hell of a job coaching kids up. Or, sit out a year? to go play for your dad.

"Son, I would love to coach you, but, really, your NFL career is my retirement plan. Go where they can get you into the league. Take it easy on us in September."