Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rumble in the Rockies - Hardwood Edition

Rumble in the Rockies - Hardwood Edition

Very sweet play there by Kuzma. He showed great basketball IQ that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Gotta love late whistles in crunch time. Sheesh.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

That foul by Colorado on Lorenzo was the kind of dummy move we would be screaming about if a Ute player did it.

--Yeats

Yes, Barefield is young. Fouling on a three with 40 seconds to go. Wow.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Yes, Barefield is young. Fouling on a three with 40 seconds to go. Wow.

Come on that was a bad call

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Come on that was a bad call

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Watch the replay in slow motion. He did not go straight up but went at the shooter, out of control. It was a bad call, yes, but he could've made it obvious that there was no foul.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Do we pucker here, or can we pull one out?
    Well, both I guess. But we avoided stupid turnovers down the stretch.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

OK. We close it out. No turnovers during the last several minutes, and it was not beautiful but they got it done.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Officials have made it clear that they want in on this one.
    I love watching referees make calls. Thrilling stuff.

Rocky mtn brownies for everyone, that was one unexpected win

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I love watching referees make calls. Thrilling stuff.
    End of the month. Have to get their quotas in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Rocky mtn brownies for everyone, that was one unexpected win
    What is the special ingredient that makes a brownie a Rocky Mtn brownie? The new Colorado state plant? Rocky Mtn oysters? Renewed hope?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    What is the special ingredient that makes a brownie a Rocky Mtn brownie? The new Colorado state plant? Rocky Mtn oysters? Renewed hope?
    Failed random drug tests

Kuzma was much, much more vocal in this game...perhaps this is the beginnings of him stepping forward to be a leader on this team.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Kuzma was much, much more vocal in this game...perhaps this is the beginnings of him stepping forward to be a leader on this team.

I was only able to catch the last 3 minutes, but it looked like Kuzma, Collette and Bonum were all more animated with one another and the other players down the stretch. Hopefully that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I was only able to catch the last 3 minutes, but it looked like Kuzma, Collette and Bonum were all more animated with one another and the other players down the stretch. Hopefully that is a good thing.
    There was easily more energy last night than we've seen in probably a month. If we played like that vs. Stanford and Oregon State those would have both been wins. Possibly Cal too. It looked like Larry turned 'em loose a little bit. Maybe the Daniels suspension woke everyone up. Or, just losing to one of the worst teams in D1 Basketball.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

My crazy stat of the night. Collette picked up his first foul with less than two minutes left in the first half. Collette still spent a huge chuck of the second half on the bench with four fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    My crazy stat of the night. Collette picked up his first foul with less than two minutes left in the first half. Collette still spent a huge chuck of the second half on the bench with four fouls.

He needs to stop going for the charge call if the refs aren't going to call it. He basically had the same conversation with the refs on all three of those that were called blocks.

He needs to stop going for the charge call if the refs aren't going to call it. He basically had the same conversation with the refs on all three of those that were called blocks.
    They've given him the charge enough this season that he keeps going for it.

Actually, last night, the refs actually went with a no call on Collette's flop. Didn't work for us, but that's exactly how it should be called. He doesn't get a foul, but they get an easy layup. Collette has to think twice about flopping again.

On his 4th foul, he wasn't going for a charge. He was just trying to play defense. He was straight up and down, and the tiny bit of contact was initiated by the Buffalo. Those are the kinds of calls that always go against him. They always gave that straight up and down defense to Poeltl, but they never give it to Collette.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    They've given him the charge enough this season that he keeps going for it.

Actually, last night, the refs actually went with a no call on Collette's flop. Didn't work for us, but that's exactly how it should be called. He doesn't get a foul, but they get an easy layup. Collette has to think twice about flopping again.

On his 4th foul, he wasn't going for a charge. He was just trying to play defense. He was straight up and down, and the tiny bit of contact was initiated by the Buffalo. Those are the kinds of calls that always go against him. They always gave that straight up and down defense to Poeltl, but they never give it to Collette.
    It must have been fun to be there for the last 10 minutes of play. Whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle. The fans sounded pretty restless at the end.

There was easily more energy last night than we've seen in probably a month. If we played like that vs. Stanford and Oregon State those would have both been wins. Possibly Cal too. It looked like Larry turned 'em loose a little bit. Maybe the Daniels suspension woke everyone up. Or, just losing to one of the worst teams in D1 Basketball.
    I have no information on Daniels, but maybe he has been a diva and the other guys responded to playing without him.