Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2391

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Life In Interesting Times

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I'm curious to find out what Trump supporters currently see as his biggest success so far.

Anyone have any guesses outside of "not being Hillary"?
    I'm not a supporter, but here are some of my thought.

Supreme court nomination. . .solid for most conservatives

Immigration reform. . . So far a fail

healthcare reform. . .so far a fail

tax reform. . .still waiting, but not looking good

Build the wall. . .still waiting

Clean the swamp. . . He has made some solid appointments, but also surrounds himself with some not so great people, some of who have been removed and were damaging to his mission.

Pretty sad record so far, given how confident he was that he was about accomplishing these things. Especially with a republican led congress.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

Banned
    I'm curious to find out what Trump supporters currently see as his biggest success so far.

Anyone have any guesses outside of "not being Hillary"?
    The liberal media owns your mind. You are buying everything they are selling. The media leads the masses by the nose. If you really believe Hillary was the answer... We are lost. Completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    The liberal media owns your mind. You are buying everything they are selling. The media leads the masses by the nose. If you really believe Hillary was the answer... We are lost. Completely.
    LOL! He asks for specifics and you just regurgitate the latest from the 'Sean Hannity Show' without naming a specific.

Banned
    And what have you provided? Fucktarded as it is... impeachment because you don't like him.

And what have you provided? Fucktarded as it is... impeachment because you don't like him.
    You are a trump supporter. You were asked the question. I more or less agree with Chris there.

Trump and his appointees along with his actions including firing Comey have compromised the White House. Whether there was collusion before or not they've given Russia the White House. It doesn't even need to be true anymore.

All the Russians have to do now is produce fake financial documents and say, "Yup, Manafort/Flynn/Kushner/Trump were working for us all along and we paid them billions they've stashed away... who knows where..." Say that and our country is thrown into chaos. They can make it go as deep as they want.

The Trump administration's credibility is so compromised there is not a soul who will believe them if they denied it. All of their actions support something like that being true so it doesn't even matter now if it actually is.

What a bunch of fools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    You are a trump supporter. You were asked the question. I more or less agree with Chris there.
    Yes I am a Trump supporter. You clowns would agree with anybody offering nothing. Chris is as lost as you are. Means dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Trump and his appointees along with his actions including firing Comey have compromised the White House. Whether there was collusion before or not they've given Russia the White House. It doesn't even need to be true anymore.

All the Russians have to do now is produce fake financial documents and say, "Yup, Manafort/Flynn/Kushner/Trump were working for us all along and we paid them billions they've stashed away... who knows where..." Say that and our country is thrown into chaos. They can make it go as deep as they want.

The Trump administration's credibility is so compromised there is not a soul who will believe them if they denied it. All of their actions support something like that being true so it doesn't even matter now if it actually is.

What a bunch of fools.

Very scary indeed

Banned

What a bunch of fools.
    Hahahahha stupid statement. Wanna bet jenuis . Hahahaha. Comey deserved firing. Your FBI buddies don't exist. My FBI friends seem to think yours are stupid. I would bet a million dollars that I deal with them more than you do.
    Last edited by Devildog; 05-19-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Hahahahha stupid statement. Wanna bet jenuis . Hahahaha. Comey deserved firing. Your FBI buddies don't exist. My FBI friends seem to think yours are stupid. I would bet a million dollars that I deal with them more than you do.
    I'm not engaging you so why are you engaging me?

Yes I am a Trump supporter. You clowns would agree with anybody offering nothing. Chris is as lost as you are. Means dick.
    You talk and act a lot like Trump. When faced with questions, you offer no real answers. You obfuscate, name call, blame anyone and everyone else, and belittle of threaten anyone you don't agree with.

As a military guy, I'm sure you value someone that gets shit done over someone that just talks shit. What do you feel Trump has gotten done? I gave him credit for the 1.5 things I could think of, and listed those things that he talked big about but hasn't been able to do anything about yet. And this with a republican congress. Also note that I didn't say a single thing about Russia. What I listed are pretty factual. Of the items I listed, what do you disagree with, or have to add to the list?

I don't hear you or many others saying anything good about Trump, other than comparing him to someone he is not (Hillary). That type of comparison also means dick.

BTW, I fully realize this is a likely a waste of pixels, and you still won't provide any type of substantial answer to the original question.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Banned
    I'm not engaging you so why are you engaging me?
    You are right. I am wrong. Sorry. I deal with many people in the FBI and you are correct that Comey was considered a good man. That said, he obviously disagreed with the boss and when that happens... often it means finding a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    You talk and act a lot like Trump. When faced with questions, you offer no real answers. You obfuscate, name call, blame anyone and everyone else, and belittle of threaten anyone you don't agree with.

As a military guy, I'm sure you value someone that gets shit done over someone that just talks shit. What do you feel Trump has gotten done? I gave him credit for the 1.5 things I could think of, and listed those things that he talked big about but hasn't been able to do anything about yet. And this with a republican congress. Also note that I didn't say a single thing about Russia. What I listed are pretty factual. Of the items I listed, what do you disagree with, or have to add to the list?

I don't hear you or many others saying anything good about Trump, other than comparing him to someone he is not (Hillary). That type of comparison also means dick.

BTW, I fully realize this is a likely a waste of pixels, and you still won't provide any type of substantial answer to the original question.
    Chris... I love his Supreme Court pick. I like that he has attempted a travel ban from Muslim extremist countries, I love his attempt to repeal Obamacare... I love that he is attempting tax reform... I like the new immigration enforcement... I like the fact that he isn't just talking but actually acting.

Banned
    I also like that he has placed officials in positions of power (cabinet secretaries) that know what they are doing... and are conservative in their values.

I also like that he has placed officials in positions of power (cabinet secretaries) that know what they are doing... and are conservative in their values.
    I like just about everything that you like about him in terms of policy and cabinet picks. I just wish he would pick his battles more carefully and be cautious about impulse control. He is his own worst enemy too often. He is not in the big-time real estate development business anymore. He is the leader of the most important nation on earth.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Fair enough. What do you see as Trump's biggest success?

This is not a good sign for the White House.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politi...fth/index.html

He's clearly under criminal investigation. ANY lawyer would tell him to plead the 5th. It sounds much more ominous than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    He's clearly under criminal investigation. ANY lawyer would tell him to plead the 5th. It sounds much more ominous than it is.
    In his case, I think it is ominous. he originally offered to testify in exchange for immunity, which of course was rejected. I will bet any amount of money that Flynn and Manafort at a minimum get charged criminally either with some sort of failure to register as a foreign lobbyist, or a 1001 charge for failure to disclose/lying to a federal officer. That is a minimum; it could spread from there; Muelller's investigation could last years.

And then there were three. Richard McFeely removes himself from consideration as FBI Director. This leave Joe Lieberman, Frank Keating and acting director Andrew McCabe. Lieberman may be my fave politician of all-time. I believe he'd be a fabulous FBI Director.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ri...rticle/2623726
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I like just about everything that you like about him in terms of policy and cabinet picks.

via GIPHY

Last edited by Applejack; 05-22-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Next: "Forget I said radical Islamic Terrorism"? and "Forget I said I would move the embassy to Jerusalem"

and: "Forget I said I would protect Medicare and Medicaid"
    Last edited by concerned; 05-23-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Lol.

When Lois Lerner took the 5th no one was too concerned.

--Yeats

When Lois Lerner took the 5th no one was too concerned.
    Except for Trump, Priebus, etc., who all claimed it was evidence of guilt.

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 9h9 hours agoMore

TRUMP in September 2016: "The mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

Flynn is in a lot of trouble, and who knows, Trump might be getting closer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.96db6b3d3eba
    Last edited by concerned; 05-22-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Trumps first budget calls for a $1 billion dollar cut in Cancer funding.

Anybody who has competent attorneys and is subject to a federal criminal investigation is going to plead the fifth. It is too easy to get trapped in such matters. Look at all the people who have been convicted of obstruction of justice (misconduct during an investigation) while they were never convicted of the underlying crime. Even though I strongly dislike both Lois Lerner and Michael Kelly, I don't blame them for "taking the 5th."

--Yeats

Anybody who has competent attorneys and is subject to a federal criminal investigation is going to plead the fifth. It is too easy to get trapped in such matters. Look at all the people who have been convicted of obstruction of justice (misconduct during an investigation) while they were never convicted of the underlying crime. Even though I strongly dislike both Lois Lerner and Michael Kelly, I don't blame them for "taking the 5th."
    well of course. that is pretty obvious. that is what makes all the comments from Trump, Priebus, Hannity etc., so egregious and irresponsible.

Flynn is in trouble not because of taking the 5th, but because of all the other stuff leaking out, if it is true.

Banned
    This looks interesting. Are you shocked?

The National Security Agency under former President Barack Obama routinely violated American privacy protections while scouring through overseas intercepts and failed to disclose the extent of the problems until the final days before Donald Trump was elected president last fall, according to once top-secret documents that chronicle some of the most serious constitutional abuses to date by the U.S. intelligence community.
    http://circa.com/politics/barack-oba...g-on-americans
    Last edited by Devildog; 05-24-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Banned