Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1652

Thread: The Trump Presidency - Life In Interesting Times

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    No basis to the Obama wiretapping and surveillance claims news organizations are reporting:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...an-rice-2017-4

So the question remains why were apparently multiple members of Trump's campaign talking with Russians currently under surveillance?
    I would bet most high ranking Russian government officials in the U.S. are currently under surveillance. I can't imagine why those Russian officials might want to talk to people in an upcoming American administration...
    "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
    -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
    -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

With Trump playing Ricochet Rabbit with regard to previous positions and new, irrefutable truths/unintentional laugh lines (eg, "I fixed NATO. They're focused on the right things now"), I think the chances of Trump being impeached over Russia are very close to zero.

That said, this is a pretty funny quip from Lane Crothers about the Russian issue:

I don’t know – it’s hard for me to see any U.S. ties to Russia…
    except for the Flynn thing
    and the Manafort thing
    and the Tillerson thing
    and the Sessions thing
    and the Kushner thing
    and the Carter Page thing
    and the Roger Stone thing
    and the Felix Sater thing
    and the Boris Ephsteyn thing
    and the Rosneft thing
    and the Gazprom thing
    and the Sergey Gorkov banker thing
    and the Azerbajain thing
    and the “I love Putin” thing
    and the Donald Trump, Jr. thing
    and the Sergey Kislyak thing
    and the Russian Affiliated Interests thing
    and the Russian Business Interests thing
    and the Emoluments Clause thing
    and the Alex Schnaider thing
    and the hack of the DNC thing
    and the Guccifer 2.0 thing
    and the Mike Pence “I don’t know anything” thing
    and the Russians mysteriously dying thing
    and Trump’s public request to Russia to hack Hillary’s email thing
    and the Trump house sale for $100 million at the bottom of the housing bust to the Russian fertilizer king thing
    and the Russian fertilizer king’s plane showing up in Concord, NC during Trump rally campaign thing
    and the Nunes sudden flight to the White House in the night thing
    and the Nunes personal investments in the Russian winery thing
    and the Cyprus bank thing
    and Trump not releasing his tax returns thing
    and the Republican Party’s rejection of an amendment to require Trump to show his taxes thing
    and the election hacking thing
    and the GOP platform change to the Ukraine thing
    and the Steele Dossier thing
    and the Leninist Bannon thing
    and the Sally Yates can’t testify thing
    and the intelligence community’s investigative reports thing
    and Trump’s reassurance that the Russian connection is all “fake news” thing
    and Spicer’s Russian Dressing “nothing’s wrong” thing
    so there’s probably nothing there
    since the swamp has been drained, these people would never lie probably why Nunes cancels the investigation meetings
    all of this must be normal just a bunch of separate dots with no connection.
    —Lane Crothers

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

"Nine tenths of wisdom consists of being wise in time."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

Oh and well... Hell Yeah. Seriously I'm so sick of almost a decade of American impotence on the world stage. Trump>Obama.

"We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
    -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
    -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Oh and well... Hell Yeah. Seriously I'm so sick of almost a decade of American impotence on the world stage. Trump>Obama.

Sadly, only 36 jihadis were reported killed.

Another episode of useless dick waving by Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Sadly, only 36 jihadis were reported killed.

Another episode of useless dick waving by Trump.
    Said by another keyboard warrior that's has sacrificed and fought for so much. You stomped 36 determined fighters yesterday, I'm certain.
    Last edited by Devildog; 04-14-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    -Thucydides

-Miyamoto Musashi

Well U-Ute? Your dick is kinda wavering in your hand.
    -Thucydides

-Miyamoto Musashi

Well U-Ute? Your dick is kinda wavering in your hand.
    Hands. Plural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Hands. Plural.
    Ok. Both then. Seriously, man... I am so tired of this nation pretending we are not the biggest badass on the block. The world is fawked up. If we don't stand up and say bullshit... then the rest of these pussies won't either. It's past time for America to lead again. Our shit aint perfect... but it's a damn sight better than what most of these fawk ups offer.
    Last edited by Devildog; 04-14-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    -Thucydides

-Miyamoto Musashi

-Thucydides

-Miyamoto Musashi

LOLz.

Skipping the Trump debate for the time being, it seems like NK has prepared for a pre-emptive military strike, and the ability to knock out KJU is pretty slim. We could annihilate NK if they use a nuke against SK or Japan, but as long as they have a large gun pointed at other nations' heads, the situation is dicey.

China and Russia are sending ships to be in the same area as our carrier group, presumably to show that they can sail the seas, too... ie, to counter the impression among the rest of the world that the US does whatever it wants, when it wants to, with no resistance from anyone.

It's easy to see how in 5 years, as China brings on it's 3rd, 4th and 5th aircraft carriers, and the technology for drone warfare gets better, the balance of powers in Asia will be pivoting, regardless of who is in the White House.

From BBC Trending:

The rise of left-wing, anti-Trump fake news

I really worry about all fake news. It's become a pain, of course, because of the noise level it creates. But it is harder and harder to know what news sources to rely on without taking alot of time to drill down.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

--Theodore Roosevelt

Would you laugh at this joke?

--Yeats

--Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Would you laugh at this joke?
    Ridiculously bad "joke". I would bet $100 he was talking about voting demographics, ie, how a high percentage of white men support Trump, and how the Democratic Party recovers from this past election.

Hideous sound bite, easily dismissed as "fake news".

From BBC Trending:

The rise of left-wing, anti-Trump fake news

I really worry about all fake news. It's become a pain, of course, because of the noise level it creates. But it is harder and harder to know what news sources to rely on without taking alot of time to drill down.
    Fake news is a pain, but worse than that, it's a main ingredient in the corrosion in public trust... in *anything*. Cynicism-on-steroids is the long term effect. I keep seeing garbage-news stories asking if we really landed on the moon.

There's the pure click-bait - "Brad Pitt - we're losing a whole generation of Hollywood's biggest stars"

Then there's the weaponized fake news - "Clinton child sex ring in pizza parlor basement"

Along with hyper-partisanship and a breakdown of the ideals the nation was founded on ("compromise, anyone?"), fake news is fraying what's left of civic consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Fake news is a pain, but worse than that, it's a main ingredient in the corrosion in public trust... in *anything*. Cynicism-on-steroids is the long term effect. I keep seeing garbage-news stories asking if we really landed on the moon.

There's the pure click-bait - "Brad Pitt - we're losing a whole generation of Hollywood's biggest stars"

Then there's the weaponized fake news - "Clinton child sex ring in pizza parlor basement"

Along with hyper-partisanship and a breakdown of the ideals the nation was founded on ("compromise, anyone?"), fake news is fraying what's left of civic consciousness.
    Having a somewhat equal mix of conservative and liberal friends on Facebook I'll agree with the article that it is coming from both sides equally and education doesn't seem to be a determining factor. What has shifted is what I'll call the 'ridiculous outrage'. Before it was people posting articles about Michelle Obama's trip that cost tax payers $1M. Now Trump is getting the same treatment. Or the unflattering picture stuff.

For me I don't read any of it, I just go to the respected news sources and try to figure out their biases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Having a somewhat equal mix of conservative and liberal friends on Facebook I'll agree with the article that it is coming from both sides equally and education doesn't seem to be a determining factor. What has shifted is what I'll call the 'ridiculous outrage'. Before it was people posting articles about Michelle Obama's trip that cost tax payers $1M. Now Trump is getting the same treatment. Or the unflattering picture stuff.

For me I don't read any of it, I just go to the respected news sources and try to figure out their biases.
    You completely supported Evan McMullin didn't you Rocker... you did. Hahahaha you did. That dude is a fawkin goof. You totally supported him didn't you.
    -Thucydides

-Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Skipping the Trump debate for the time being, it seems like NK has prepared for a pre-emptive military strike, and the ability to knock out KJU is pretty slim. We could annihilate NK if they use a nuke against SK or Japan, but as long as they have a large gun pointed at other nations' heads, the situation is dicey.

China and Russia are sending ships to be in the same area as our carrier group, presumably to show that they can sail the seas, too... ie, to counter the impression among the rest of the world that the US does whatever it wants, when it wants to, with no resistance from anyone.

It's easy to see how in 5 years, as China brings on it's 3rd, 4th and 5th aircraft carriers, and the technology for drone warfare gets better, the balance of powers in Asia will be pivoting, regardless of who is in the White House.
    Russia and China are not going to go to World War 3 over North Korea. My kid is in Fuji Japan right this minute. He would be among the first to deploy... Cool your jets... This shit has been playing out for years... The new kook is reading from the old man's script.... Nothing new here and the next World War isn't imminent. Oh and we have 10 nuclear aircraft carriers right this minute... and the new Gerald Ford is the best in the world... by far. The Chinese have one refurbished Russian turd... don't overstate shit.
    Last edited by Devildog; 04-19-2017 at 02:07 AM.
    -Thucydides

-Miyamoto Musashi

who cares about inauguration crowd size. There is no disputing this.
    Where is Tom Brady?

Last edited by concerned; 04-19-2017 at 03:06 PM.

I guess I fell for the FAKE News from the FAKE Media again

Mike Polk Jr.Verified account @mikepolkjr 2h2 hours agoMore

Replying to @NYTSports
    .DON'T FALL FOR IT AMERICA! THE WHITE HOUSE JUST RELEASED A REAL PHOTO FROM THE EVENT! NICE TRY LIBERAL MEDIA! #FAKENEWS

This is a fascinating read.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/1....html?referer=

--Yeats

--Theodore Roosevelt

The Trump Presidency - Life In Interesting Times

Another, more important article. I am home today with a nasty cold, so you may see some more posts from me about stuff like this. I assure you, this is by no means a pro-Trump piece.

How Late-Night Comedy Fueled the Rise of Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-trump/521472/

--Yeats

--Theodore Roosevelt

You completely supported Evan McMullin didn't you Rocker... you did. Hahahaha you did. That dude is a fawkin goof. You totally supported him didn't you.
    No, I supported this guy:

Another, more important article. I am home today with a nasty cold, so you may see some more posts from me about stuff like this. I assure you, this is by no means a pro-Trump piece.

How Late-Night Comedy Fueled the Rise of Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-trump/521472/

You obviously are not a student of my posts ... I'm crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    You obviously are not a student of my posts ... I'm crushed.

This is obviously a misdirection play because we all know Trump and Putin are in cahoots.

TrumpExxon.png

--Yeats

--Theodore Roosevelt

Solid piece for having professionals in the White House.

http://www.stonekettle.com/2017/04/t...rance.html?m=1

This is obviously a misdirection play because we all know Trump and Putin are in cahoots.

TrumpExxon.png
    It could just be Trump reneging on his deal because it doesn't suit him anymore. That's the Trump Way.

I haven't seen this posted yet. The transcript of Trump's AP interview from last Friday. This guy is exhausting.

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83