Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Welcome!

Great intro mUUser. You have been one is my favorites from the old site. Glad you finds this one to your liking
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

What Jarid said. Glad you're here, mUUser.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

These are some well-written introductions. I feel like a slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by bestellen View Post
    These are some well-written introductions. I feel like a slouch.
    Nah. You're welcome even if you don't make stuff up like the rest of us.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell