Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by GUBA View Post
    I will say this. If this place devolves into a litany of dickish posts and never ending smart-ass comments I don't think I will stick around. So far so good though. I am happy to be here.
    That will not happen here. Take it to the bank.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'm not a Ute fan, but I'm camping on my moniker. I'm also here because JIC is a friend of mine, and I'm also friends with several of the other posters that will likely frequent this board. I mean it when I say good luck with this site despite the little brotherish name. Also, no matter how badly you may want to, don't ever change the name, as changing the name of an established product is the third worst marketing blunder one can make (the first being advertising hair gel at a monster truck rally, followed by selling condoms at a Lilith Fair event as a close second.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheidippides View Post
    I figured since it's (as you say) probably legendary, I may as well pick the nasty spelling. Plus I had no desire to be called Philip or Phil for short. And any incarnation seemed to be less pretentious than Pre. But you know way more than all of that than I do - the only place I may have a chance of beating you is in the actual race.
    I think Pip sounds great, and is much easier to type than that crazy name you chose. Welcome, Pip!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I think Pip sounds great, and is much easier to type than that crazy name you chose. Welcome, Pip!
    Don't be a dick, LA.

I will say this. If this place devolves into a litany of dickish posts and never ending smart-ass comments I don't think I will stick around. So far so good though. I am happy to be here.
    Like a certain "Meh" poster on UFN? Gets old over there, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Don't be a dick, LA.
    If he was paying attention he would have chosen 'Dipp anyway. And I'm cool with that.

You shouldn't find that here. There'll be an occasional flare up, but if it's too absurd, we will nip it in the bud. We are committed to making this place an excellent forum for Utes to discuss sports, religion, lifestyle, the arts, and everything else, and won't let you down!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Hey guys. Congrats on the new board and best wishes going forward. Looks very nice.

I have been giving JiC some tips and help setting up the site and in the process I have been quite impressed with the newer version of vbulletin. So I decided to spend my afternoon today upgrading CS from vbulletin 3.8 to 4.2. I have been putting it off for three years. Unfortunately, I ran into a database error and the only fix is to upgrade to a bigger server (VPS). So if anyone is wondering why CS is down, that is why. I am hoping to have it restored in the morning (God willing).
    Hey, I want some credit for crashing CougarStadium.com at the same time you folks rolled out your site.

Back up and running but since I switched to a new web hosting service, the URL might not be resolving for some of you. But you can use this URL to get directly to the site in the time being:

http://199.193.245.230/~cougarut/

I am now using the same web hosting service that JiC is using for this site, so if it doesn't work out, at least we can commiserate together.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    So who's going to compose the welcome questions?
    Thia place needs a Peolegrino ASAP.

Also mp never try to Internet high five/fist bump or any other celebratory show of kinship. I notice you don't show any Duck love in your loyalties.

Congrats to my Utes friend on their new board. Anything would be an upgrade over UFnet and hopefully this place can be as awesome as CUF was/is/will continue to be.

One thing. The color scheme is perfect for this site. There are two tones of red, which reminds me of the mismatched red tones between the Utes helmets and jerseys.

Don' try to censor me GUBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheidippides View Post
    I figured since it's (as you say) probably legendary, I may as well pick the nasty spelling. Plus I had no desire to be called Philip or Phil for short. And any incarnation seemed to be less pretentious than Pre. But you know way more than all of that than I do - the only place I may have a chance of beating you is in the actual race.
    Phil's okay. Great groundhog name.

Glad to have you here, Pheid.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    That will not happen here. Take it to the bank.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Thia place needs a Peolegrino ASAP.

Also mp never try to Internet high five/fist bump or any other celebratory show of kinship. I notice you don't show any Duck love in your loyalties.
    That was a huge oversight on my part. The Ducks are my secondary college football team. I want them to win every game except for when they are playing the Utes.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    Don' try to censor me GUBA.
    I won't censor I will just leave.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    That was a huge oversight on my part. The Ducks are my secondary college football team. I want them to win every game except for when they are playing the Utes.
    Internet high five privileges restored, you are going to have to ear fist bump though.

I'm not clever enough to come up with a new board name so I kept it the same. Although it is geographically based from where I lived almost 10 years ago. Most know me from other boards so I'll keep this brief. Never attended either BYU or the U but major BYU fan. LDS convert but somewhat of a heretic. Known for my disdain towards the state of Utah, where ironically I live. I considered CafeRioSucks, NotAUmo, and InButNotOfUtah as monikers. Why does my enter button not work in this editor?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    We are committed to making this place an excellent forum for Utes to discuss sports, religion, lifestyle, the arts, and everything else, and won't let you down!
    This warms my heart. Perhaps, if things go well, I will stop getting asked "why does a Ute post here" on other non-Ute locales.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Don't be a dick, LA.
    My name is not Richard.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I'm here.
    And we are glad!

--Yeats

Most of you know me, or at least know of me.

Not a U grad, but a Ute through and through. Started attending basketball 33 years ago, Football 30 years ago a d gymnastics 22 years ago. Still attend all 3

Went to USU as my degree wasn't offered at Utah, graduated in '99 after earning a reputation as the USU student who would show up to be USU/Utah games in Ute gear.

Been on the forums as Diehard Ute since the days when Ohio Ute owned the board, before U-Ute took over.

I also own the College Gymnastics Forum, although with my work schedule I don't spend much time there these days.

Oh yeah, I used to take care of the athletic fields at the U from '99 to '01

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I'm here.
    Now get my other brother-in-law to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

Not a U grad, but a Ute through and through. Started attending basketball 33 years ago, Football 30 years ago a d gymnastics 22 years ago. Still attend all 3

Went to USU as my degree wasn't offered at Utah, graduated in '99 after earning a reputation as the USU student who would show up to be USU/Utah games in Ute gear.

Been on the forums as Diehard Ute since the days when Ohio Ute owned the board, before U-Ute took over.

I also own the College Gymnastics Forum, although with my work schedule I don't spend much time there these days.

Even though you are an avalanche fan, feel free to stop by the NHL thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

welcome-board.gif

It's soooo good to have you here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

--Yeats

Hey, everyone. Best wishes with the new board!

I had planned on being UTAH72 here, but someone beat me to it. Being Utah is my second favorite team, I think I will enjoy this site and participating in being part of a BCS board.

Please don't try to test my BYU loyalties vs Utah. Second favorite is a distant second.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtUte View Post
    Awesome board!! Ran into this board via Utefans.net. Graduated from Hillcrest High in 1996 and STILL haven't finished all of my college at the U, yet..... I'm married with three kids and am a Sergeant with a local(SL area) police dept. Love all thing Utah!!!!

War UTAH!!!!
    Hey Sgt, where are your seats? Your view of the press box looks similar to mine. We are W10, Row 17.

Quote Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
    I had planned on being UTAH72 here, but someone beat me to it. Being Utah is my second favorite team, I think I will enjoy this site and participating in being part of a BCS board.

Please don't try to test my BYU loyalties vs Utah. Second favorite is a distant second.
    Welcome. I needed someone here who's older than me. And there's no need to be rude about that "distant second" thing. You were doing so well until that point!

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Smitty,

Welcome to the board. As fellow Ute/Seahawk fan, I can overlook your allegiences with the Dead Sox.
    Smitty, don't let him give you grief about the Bo Sox. I can show you pictures of his Roger Clemens baseball card collection.

true story.jpg