Thread: 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I spend a lot of time in Salt Lake because our kids are there and we have a place there. When I am in SLC I telecommute. We think now and then about moving to SLC permanently, and me commuting to LA weekly, but my presence in the office on a regular basis is still necessary, and I’m not ready to accept the wear and tear on my body from flying Southwest back and forth to SoCal twice a week. I know people who do that, however. When the time comes for me to slow down, I will probably move to Salt Lake and do arbitrator and hearing officer work, which will require occasional trips to Southern California. We’re going to hang on to some property here too, so we can get away in the winter time. The cold is one thing for which my endurance has faded. Living with it for a week or two once a year is fine, but for several months? I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 25 years away we were very apprehensive to return, but, I could go on forever about how great it is to be back -- in so many ways. Plug your nose and jump. I don't think you'll regret it.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    After 25 years away we were very apprehensive to return, but, I could go on forever about how great it is to be back -- in so many ways. Plug your nose and jump. I don't think you'll regret it.
    That's what I did. Hey, may be we should have a get-together for all the Mecca returnees and UB5vers.