Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Football Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Man that is disappointing to me. The one who signed with UW was student body treasurer at Clayton Jr. High when my daughter was v.p. No. 7 on the East team was the sb president. Paul Maile hasn't signed yet; he used to hang around our kitchen when he was in the 3rd grade. I dont think Putatau has signed either. Hope springs eternal.
    Both Maile and Putatau plan on signing in February. Maile just took a trip to Michigan State and was pretty impressed. Both will official visit the last weekend before signing day. I think both will be Utes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    After the report out of Texas yesterday, all the best to Angilau. Sounds miserable.
    Report? Link, please

Man that is disappointing to me. The one who signed with UW was student body treasurer at Clayton Jr. High when my daughter was v.p. No. 7 on the East team was the sb president. Paul Maile hasn't signed yet; he used to hang around our kitchen when he was in the 3rd grade. I dont think Putatau has signed either. Hope springs eternal.
    A true fall from grace story. He is not a Clayton Cougar [who] Cares (CCC)

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Well he delayed his announcement to February this morning so.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

think that is because he is waiting to see if anybody get recruited over him at some of those places?

Tuttle is in

think that is because he is waiting to see if anybody get recruited over him at some of those places?
    That would be smart, too smart for most recruits.

I should have put "report" in quotations.

Nah, Lawnmower Torpedo is legit. Especially when he spells "warn" like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Tuttle is in

Any truth to the story that the HC at East doesn't like his players going to Utah?

Tuttle is official though.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Tuttle is official though.

Quick Draw McGraw.png

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    LOL. I missed that there was a new page on the thread.

UMS,
    Doesn't like is too strong but he highly encourages players to go out of state. His vision/mission for East is to be known as a national power so he wants as many as possible to go to major P5s out of state. It's certainly causing consternation with local coaching staffs.

Terrell Perriman, a WR from Florida.

Jeremiah Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    UMS,
    Doesn't like is too strong but he highly encourages players to go out of state. His vision/mission for East is to be known as a national power so he wants as many as possible to go to major P5s out of state. It's certainly causing consternation with local coaching staffs.
    Which is why he plays games against national powers from other states.

The thing that is really too bad is that there appears to be a close relationship between the East players and the U. We have seen lots of U players at East games, and East players on the sidelines at the U.
    Last edited by concerned; 12-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.

So who else are we expecting today? The Herriman boys? Lotulelei? Delon Hurt? Where is Dwight's secret signee?

So who else are we expecting today? The Herriman boys? Lotulelei? Delon Hurt? Where is Dwight's secret signee?
    Those folks from the pay sites that are in the know say that that should be it for today.

The East boys signed with Texas and UW; a pox on their houses.
    I learned a long time ago never to trust an East High kid.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Any truth to the story that the HC at East doesn't like his players going to Utah?
    Further to my previous post, this is what I’ve come to expect from East High people.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

I've gone over to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Well, based on the two out-of-state signees today, I can say that things have changed at dear old EHS.

I've gone over to the dark side.
    I suspected as much but did not want to say anything. Now the awful, tragic truth is out for all to see.

--Yeats

WOW! I thought they might switch Mataele to defense but I never expected it to happen in one day! No offensive stone left unturned for Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Whittingham
    “Things went as anticipated and we were able to address needs at several positions with this group. We signed a high profile quarterback in Jack Tuttle, two junior college players who should give us immediate help at defensive end (Jordan) and linebacker (Pirtle), as well as three freshmen which include a cornerback (Mataele), a receiver (Perriman) and an offensive lineman (Daniels).”

WOW! I thought they might switch Mataele to defense but I never expected it to happen in one day! No offensive stone left unturned for Kyle.
    Don’t knock defense and special teams. They have brought us to where we are.

--Yeats