Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2018 Recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Like that would mean anything.

We all know contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a symbol, man. And a news grab. Not one game broadcast would go by without it being mentioned.

I would have killed a marketing major.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    It's a symbol, man. And a news grab. Not one game broadcast would go by without it being mentioned.

I would have killed a marketing major.
    Followed by a round table of laughing as everyone called it a PR stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Followed by a round table of laughing as everyone called it a PR stunt.
    I was at Duke when they gave K a lifetime contract. It worked exactly as Duke planned it.

All those times Dick Vitale mentioned it on TV? That would be Gus Johnson with Whitt.

It's a great symbol of loyalty between a coach and a school.

I'm really intrigued by the new early signing strategy and what how the Utes are approaching it. While other schools have been accepting verbal commitment after verbal commitment, the Utes have very few verbals. Dan Sorenson, of Utezone, was on the radio the other day and said that the Utes are watching which committed players at other schools are not getting LOI papers for the early signing and using that to try to flip them. I think that is a perfect strategy. There was a longtime USC commit, who lives in my daughter's former LDS Ward in California. He took an official visit to Utah for the CU game and just looking at the commit list, it looks like USC has been recruiting over him.

A funny side effect of the early signing period and winter break.

2018 Recruiting thread

Looks like Angilau from East committed to Texas tonight. That sucks almost as bad as Texas does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Looks like Angilau from East committed to Texas tonight. That sucks almost as bad as Texas does.

Ouch. And this is a day after two local kids committed to UW (including an East Leopard). Penei Sewell, there is a spot for you now!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Ouch. And this is a day after two local kids committed to UW (including an East Leopard). Penei Sewell, there is a spot for you now!
    I was with a bunch of friends last night, and the topic of college came up. Seems I'm the last person out there who would like his kids to live at home for college. And pretty much all kids want to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Penei Sewell, there is a spot for you now!
    Which I guess we'll find out in 8 days as he just Tweeted that he'll be signing on 12/20.