Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting thread

2018 Recruiting thread

Maybe it's time for a 2018 recruiting thread. Here's Wilner on each team's top priority:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/0...or-every-team/

Here's the next kid we can be excited about up until the day he signs with USC:

*** Utah
    Top target: OL Penei Sewell (St. George, Ut.)
    Scout rating: 4 stars
    Status: Uncommitted; offers from USC, Washington, Oklahoma, LSU
    My comment: The top offensive tackle prospect in the west, Sewell is smack in the middle of Utah’s wheelhouse: In-state kid at a position that is central to coach Kyle Whittingham’s approach. Potential (or actual) recruiting pitch: Look what we did with Garett Bolles in just one year!

Your wish is my command...

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Maybe it's time for a 2018 recruiting thread. Here's Wilner on each team's top priority:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/0...or-every-team/

Here's the next kid we can be excited about up until the day he signs with USC:
    We rarely have luck with Southern Utah kids. There is something that happens somewhere around Laverkin that sours them on the Utes. I'm not holding my breath on Sewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    We rarely have luck with Southern Utah kids. There is something that happens somewhere around Laverkin that sours them on the Utes. I'm not holding my breath on Sewell.
    Interesting. My experience seems to be that the St. George area is very pro Utes. But my experience is typically limited to the Chick fil-a on a pass through. Unless on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Tuttle took another visit to Utah over the weekend and seemed to have a good time. After that, he came down to Vegas for a 7on7 tourney and was recruiting heavily for us. I think I'm going to like this kid.

http://www.scout.com/college/footbal...s-pac-12-visit

Story on Faalele.

And some video to watch.

Penei Sewell, the OT from St. George that is widely regarded as the top player in Utah, just picked up an offer from Alabama.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Jack Tuttle tweeted tonight that he is honored to have gotten an offer from Alabama....

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Jack Tuttle tweeted tonight that he is honored to have gotten an offer from Alabama....

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

Hey, we held on to jaylon Johnson, maybe we can hold on to Tuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Hey, we held on to jaylon Johnson, maybe we can hold on to Tuttle.
    Cooper can tell him what being a Bama qb is like.

Tuttle has said he's shut down his recruitment and won't be taking anymore visits.

So....as long as he doesn't take any more visits, we are golden.

It would probably be best for Utah to have Troy or Bateman start this season and go win 9 games again with Taylor showing we can throw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Tuttle has said he's shut down his recruitment and won't be taking anymore visits.

So....as long as he doesn't take any more visits, we are golden.

It would probably be best for Utah to have Troy or Bateman start this season and go win 9 games again with Taylor showing we can throw the ball.
    He's also an early enrollee, so there's two less months that we have to worry. Which means, we should be worrying more since we have less time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    He's also an early enrollee, so there's two less months that we have to worry. Which means, we should be worrying more since we have less time to do it.
    Yup, conservation of misery.

Ha ha. Nice.

As active as Tuttle is in recruiting I highly doubt he chooses any other school at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by noneyadb View Post
    As active as Tuttle is in recruiting I highly doubt he chooses any other school at this point.
    Yeah, I'm not the least bit concerned.

School of scholars and champions!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    School of scholars and champions!

And my duaghter is one of those scholars and champions.

My son went here

Morgan Scalley‏ @SafetyPride 15m15 minutes agoMore

Home of Back2Back State Champions in Football! Thanks to the Leopards for taking care of us today!! #RecruitingU #UBoyz

And i and LA ute and Two Utes, among others, went here

Morgan Scalley‏ @SafetyPride 22m22 minutes agoMore

"Put on that Highland sweater with the big H letter . . ." Thanks to the Rams for hosting a proud alumnus!! #RecruitingU #UBoyz

Last edited by concerned; 04-17-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    And my duaghter is one of those scholars and champions.

My son went here

Morgan Scalley‏ @SafetyPride 15m15 minutes agoMore

Home of Back2Back State Champions in Football! Thanks to the Leopards for taking care of us today!! #RecruitingU #UBoyz

And i and LA ute and Two Utes, among others, went here

Morgan Scalley‏ @SafetyPride 22m22 minutes agoMore

"Put on that Highland sweater with the big H letter . . ." Thanks to the Rams for hosting a proud alumnus!! #RecruitingU #UBoyz

So I'm now relegated to "others,"

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post

Only because you post here infrequently if ever

I'm pretty sure half of the posters here went to Highland.

I'm pretty sure half of the posters here went to Highland.
    That is because Dr. Scanland taught us to read and write (but not spell)

Not to me! You and and I and -- well, you know the names -- are, and will always be, Rams peeps. Especially the Lew Webster Trio.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    That is because Dr. Scanland taught us to read and write (but not spell)
    Don't worry about the details. She taught us to think critically!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'm not sure my alma mater has had a D1 football player since Greg Clark played for Stanford and the 49rs in the 90's.

Dyslexics of the world, untie!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Not to me! You and and I and -- well, you know the names -- are, and will always be, Rams peeps. Especially the Lew Webster Trio.
    Lewis would shudder to be tied forever to us.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I'm not sure my alma mater has had a D1 football player since Greg Clark played for Stanford and the 49rs in the 90's.

Im thrilled to see a fellow Viewmont Viking on the board. Oh, I'd rather be a Viking than a Dart.....

In my time, we had Robbie Crockett, who got a scholarship from Coach Mac, but I dont know that he ever played. But yes, not many D1 athletes coming out of Viewmont. It has always made me laugh because Bountiful and Woods Cross are within 5 miles and they each seem to have their share of D1 athletes come through, and we have similar demographics.

When I went to Viewmont our football team was 0 for everything. We stunk at most sports. Soccer was better than our other team sports. We also had a couple good wrestlers who I recall wrestling for D1 schools (last name Kjar).

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk