Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 121 to 134 of 134

Thread: 2018 Recruiting thread

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    What did this say?
    It said cougarboard was down.

  2. #122
    So the rumor is Francis Bernard is enrolled at Utah. Anyone know if that's true?

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Marmot View Post
    So the rumor is Francis Bernard is enrolled at Utah. Anyone know if that's true?
    Yeah. This topic seemed to resurface yesterday and no one seemed to be able to fully answer the question. Some seemed adamant that we shouldn't ever expect him to play for Utah but didn't really seem to offer any evidence either. It seemed the only clear detail is that he isn't currently enrolled at BYU.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Yeah. This topic seemed to resurface yesterday and no one seemed to be able to fully answer the question. Some seemed adamant that we shouldn't ever expect him to play for Utah but didn't really seem to offer any evidence either. It seemed the only clear detail is that he isn't currently enrolled at BYU.
    Heís not listed as a student

    For comparison Mika Tafua is already listed as a student


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    He’s not listed as a student

    For comparison Mika Tafua is already listed as a student


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, unless he's taking North Carolina online courses towards graduating, there's no way he plays for Utah next year.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    So, unless he's taking North Carolina online courses towards graduating, there's no way he plays for Utah next year.
    I suppose if he is doing community college classes somewhere he could get an associate's and come to the U.

  7. #127
    Someone on cougarboard said he's going to SLCC so he can get an associates degree and play somewhere else next year.

  8. #128
    Somebody on Utehub also said he will enroll in SLCC in January. Ena wants him; KW wait and see. 50% chance he will come here. Also pursued by WSU.

  9. #129
    Yikes. Sure isnít going to help the kidís prospects.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #130
    [QUOTE=Dwight Schr-Ute;105819]Yikes. Sure isn’t going to help the kid’s prospects.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE



    Does this refer to F. Bernard's DUI this am?

  11. #131
    [QUOTE=concerned;105820]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Yikes. Sure isnít going to help the kidís prospects.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE



    Does this refer to F. Bernard's DUI this am?
    Iíve had issues embedding Tweets lately. Not sure whatís going on.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #132
    [QUOTE=Dwight Schr-Ute;105821]
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post

    Iíve had issues embedding Tweets lately. Not sure whatís going on.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, in reading the article and the charges the article is a bit misleading.

    Itís no less serious, but there is no reckless driving charge. He was stopped for expired registration and arrested for DUI, expired registration and never obtaining a license.

    The Tribune article indicates he was booked at 2:30AM and released 90 minutes later.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #133
    Ouch. I feel bad for this guy, hard to be young & dumb.

    .09---1 less beer or 30 minutes more before driving & he is legal.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Ouch. I feel bad for this guy, hard to be young & dumb.

    .09---1 less beer or 30 minutes more before driving & he is legal.
    Itís more complicated than that.

    Youíd have to know when he stopped drinking, what he was drinking, whether heíd had any food etc. before making any estimates. (A 10% beer vs a 4% beer makes a difference for example)

    Itís usually 45 minutes to an hour after the last drink when a persons BAC tops out.

    Once that happens the average personís BAC will drop at a rate of about .015 per hour.

    With all the variables, and the risk to yourself and others itís always better to just get a Lyft or a cab or call someone. And thatís something that should be planned before, because once someone has been drinking without that plan they often do think the waited long enough, and they havenít.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •