Thread: Really bad movies

Really bad movies

5 really bad movies that killed their franchises

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/0...ir-franchises/

Fortunately for me, I didn't see any of these except maybe the Clooney Batman movie.

What are some other really terrible movies that you have either endured or walked out of?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop
    I like that movie.

My wife is out of town and it's just me and the dog, so a friend talked me into going to see "John Wick Part 2" with him tonight. It is truly awful. It may be one of the top 5 worst movies I have ever seen. Don't go see it. I want those two hours of my life back.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    My wife is out of town and it's just me and the dog, so a friend talked me into going to see "John Wick Part 2" with him tonight. It is truly awful. It may be one of the top 5 worst movies I have ever seen. Don't go see it. I want those two hours of my life back.
    Haven't seen it yet, but Rotten Tomatoes critics have it at 90%, and audiences at 93%. It's rare to see both scores that high.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Really bad movies

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, but Rotten Tomatoes critics have it at 90%, and audiences at 93%. It's rare to see both scores that high.
    My buddy mentioned that prior to the movie. We were both puzzled afterwards. I will say that the cinematography was good. But if you don't like nonstop gory mayhem you won't like this movie.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-12-2017 at 05:29 AM.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    My buddy mentioned that prior to the movie. We were both puzzled afterwards. I will say that the cinematography was good. But if you don't like nonstop gory mayhem you won't like this movie.
    I really liked the first John Wick movie, it reminded me of that series of Charles Bronson movies back in the 70's and 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I really liked the first John Wick movie, it reminded me of that series of Charles Bronson movies back in the 70's and 80's
    I can see the appeal, but he probably kills 100 people in this movie, and after a while I got tired of watching him shoot people in the head at close range. It got boring. They did set up the sequel at the end, of course.

--Yeats

I was sick in bed last night and Watchmen was on. I was too sick to find the remote.

The movie had its moments and had the potential to be an excellent philosophical movie, as characters make moves to preempt an inevitable WWIII with USSR (at the end of Nixon's third term, after term limits repealed).

But DAMN. This movie had WAAAAAYYY TOO MUCH BLUE PENIS (CGI). Billy Crudups character was turned into a being of energy with godly powers in an accident at a nuclear research reactor. Initially they showed him wearing a codpiece, but eventually that must have become too expensive, because for most of the movie he was shown au naturel, with an 8-inch 'hang down'.

Odd choice there, Zach Snyder.