Thread: Mr. Chaffetz' Wild Ride

Mr. Chaffetz' Wild Ride

It seems that the wild town hall that Chaffetz had just won't go away.

Since he is sticking with his story that all of the raucous protesters were out of state neer-do-wells, people are sending him invoices for unpaid services of being said neer-do-wells.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4937377-1...e-professional

Some Utahns, outraged at Rep. Jason Chaffetz's unsubstantiated claim that paid protesters infiltrated his raucous town-hall meeting last week, have begun to send invoices to the congressman. If he says they got money for showing up, he should foot the bill, they argue. Shauna Ehninger's invoice sent to Chaffetz's office totaled $1,070, including $200 for two hours each of waiting in line and attending the town hall — including time for hearing "condescending responses" — $100 for distributing "fake news" and $100 for being an "out-of-state radical." Oh, and $70 for taxes.

"I am getting really sick of being referred to as a paid protester for simply standing up to this administration," Ehninger, who lives in Sandy, said Monday. "As a constituent of Chaffetz's district, I am offended that he would dismiss our opposing opinions with such a ridiculous claim and wanted to call this out."

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    It seems that the wild town hall that Chaffetz had just won't go away.

Since he is sticking with his story that all of the raucous protesters were out of state neer-do-wells, people are sending him invoices for unpaid services of being said neer-do-wells.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4937377-1...e-professional

I love the screenshot of the protesters! http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politi...etz/index.html

Sorry tapatalk users. It's a joke in picture form, check it out when you get to a computer.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post

Sorry tapatalk users. It's a joke in picture form, check it out when you get to a computer.
    Colbert likened Chaffetz to a "sexy beaver".

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I love the screenshot of the protesters! http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politi...etz/index.html

Which is all the evidence you need that these weren't out of town protesters. Chaffetz, like any BYU fan knows that the Utah fan base doesn't extend outside of Salt Lake City.

As long as Obama was president, Chaffetz was in heaven. He could launch all the investigations he wanted, grandstand to his heart's content, and be the center of attention and the darling of the right. He could have done that with Hillary, but not Trump. His perch as chair of the investigations committee is substantially diminished. i think that is part of the reason he is talking about coming back and running for governor.

I am not sure if there has ever been a self promoter in Utah politics like Chaffetz. Maybe Merrill Cook.

Interesting insight into investigations. This has to be an example of the Inner Monologue breaking free and running wild.

Rand Paul said this in an interview with Brian Kilmeade:

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Interesting insight into investigations. This has to be an example of the Inner Monologue breaking free and running wild.

Rand Paul said this in an interview with Brian Kilmeade:

This is slightly off topic, yet still on topic. Bill Maher hits the nail on the head. They hypocrisy with the magic "R" after your name is crazy right now.

It is shocking, actually. It's actually one of the biggest reasons I've turned from being a Republican.