Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Might Have Been: Utes host Cal & Stanford

What Might Have Been: Utes host Cal & Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Well, I'm not watching or listening but with 6:30 to go in the first half the Utes have scored 14 points. 😟

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like they've snapped out of it and it's 26-23 'Furd. Go get 'em, Utes!

Last edited by LA Ute; 03-04-2017 at 03:26 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Riley said Utah has already clinched the bye in the PAC-12 tourney, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Riley said Utah has already clinched the bye in the PAC-12 tourney, is that true?
    Yes

Honoring the 1966 Final Four team. Jerry Pimm in the house.

Collette out.

I couldn't even see anything on the replay here. Although they only showed it once. Did TV show anything? The refs didn't even go to the monitor.

no, it was odd

and he's not on the bench which isn't a good sign

radio said concussion symptoms
    Last edited by Scorcho; 03-04-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Honoring the 1966 Final Four team. Jerry Pimm in the house.

Rats. Wish I could have been there.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

We have 0 inside offense without Collette.

Kuzma is limping.

That was a frustration foul by #10. Kuzma was playing physical D on him. Savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Collette out.

I couldn't even see anything on the replay here. Although they only showed it once. Did TV show anything? The refs didn't even go to the monitor.

The refs did review it but said they couldn't find anything.

I hope Akot is at this game. Hunty is blowing up after that stretch.

Bonam!!

--Yeats

What Might Have Been: Utes host Cal & Stanford

Barefield showing low BB IQ. When we need to eat clock and get a good shot he takes a hurried, bad shot.

--Yeats

Happy for Bonam! What a nice way to end his Huntsman career.

--Yeats

4th consecutive 20 win regular season, #4 seed in the tourney, Bonam career high at 26 pts. Ugly win but congrats Utes, do some damage in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    4th consecutive 20 win regular season, #4 seed in the tourney, Bonam career high at 26 pts. Ugly win but congrats Utes, do some damage in the tournament.

It was a nice win.
    The Utes missed Collette & Daniels a little today, I think.

And after all the ups & downs, the Utes are at #4. That's no small feat considering who 1-3 are.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    It was a nice win.
    The Utes missed Collette & Daniels a little today, I think.

And after all the ups & downs, the Utes are at #4. That's no small feat considering who 1-3 are.
    Yep. Said it leading into this week, but to get the #4 seed having won three straight after that loss to OSU is impressive. I hope for his sake and the team's sake that Devon is back for the tourney.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Postgame, Larry saI'd he had no update on Daniels and preferred to keep it under wraps.

Jerry chambers sat right behind us. Got to talk to him a bit. He is still the only person ever to win the final four MVP without playing in the title game, or at least without winning either game

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Yep. Said it leading into this week, but to get the #4 seed having won three straight after that loss to OSU is impressive. I hope for his sake and the team's sake that Devon is back for the tourney.
    I think it is fair to say that this Utah team, picked to finish 8th, has already overachieved despite some stumbles along the way.

--Yeats

I think it is fair to say that this Utah team, picked to finish 8th, has already overachieved despite some stumbles along the way.
    Yeah, what a great year for Utah basketball overall. And we should bring most everyone back. If we can only land Tillman and Akot...

Revenge tour continues. Two down, three to go.

Two wins and we're tournament bound. No way this team is denied a berth if we beat Cal again and upset Oregon. I'll say what I've said before. The committee will be looking for a reason to get four even five Pac-12 teams in when they award 6+ to the ACC, Big East, Big 12 and Big 10.

This is a terrific win given the Collette injury and no Daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    Two wins and we're tournament bound.
    I hope we get to see if you're right.

I'm seriously worried about Collette's head issues. How many times has he been down on the floor like that this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Yeah, what a great year for Utah basketball overall. And we should bring most everyone back. If we can only land Tillman and Akot...
    Tillman was there again today--wearing Utah gear--with his dad.

he has committed---can't see him backing out--maybe you meant Pendleton?

Be interesting to see who is coach of the year; can't be Alford (I hope--he just turns loose his talent), Altman coached a good group to where it should be, which is not always easy---Miller dealt with injuries, so maybe he should win.

But being picked 8th & finishing 4th with a mostly new team is impressive.

They have exceeded my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Be interesting to see who is coach of the year; can't be Alford (I hope--he just turns loose his talent), Altman coached a good group to where it should be, which is not always easy---Miller dealt with injuries, so maybe he should win.
    Gotta be Altman.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Be interesting to see who is coach of the year....

But being picked 8th & finishing 4th with a mostly new team is impressive.
    I'm impressed with what Larry & crew has done this year. We scratched and clawed and fought our way out of a slump and got into the BYE group. But that Oregon State loss is probably a knockout for COY.