Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 PAC12 Tournament

Cal played like the Cal team that beat us in Berkeley. Utah did not push the ball offensively, was willing to settle for outside shots, and did not aggressively take the ball to the basket. I think this is illustrated by the fact that we had 20 fouls to Cal's 18 and they shot 27 foul shots and we shot 11. They outscore us 22 - 8 at the foul line.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This is a weak rationalization for the Utes' loss to a team they wound up ahead of in the standings, that the Utes beat by 30 a week ago, and that had played a game less than 24 hours previously--and thereby failing to make the final four of the Pac 12 tournament and terminating a chance to make the NCAA tournament. There is no silver lining to this loss. That's not a "perspective" I want any part of. BYU sucked it up and improbably beat #1 ranked Gonzaga on the road, and tonight TCU sucked it up and beat #1 ranked Kansas. Is it too hopeful for us to aspire to a--surprise, surprise--Utah upset of Oregon. Probably the most unsettling part of Kodiak's tenure is his complete inability to deal with Oregon. I wish he had a chance tomorrow to turn that around.
    I suppose you are right about that. I simply can't come up with any evidence that suggests we could beat Oregon right now. None. As for BYU they at least knew they could win in Spokane. Three years in a row now.

The big difference was in free throws.
    We have to give Cal credit. They played hard and earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    The big difference was in free throws.
    We have to give Cal credit. They played hard and earned it.
    We should have been pushing the tempo, especially in the 2nd half. Cal was on it's 4th haif of basketball in 24 hours. But we were content to slow the game down, and wait until late in the shot clock. And as Bonam said, a lot of our players ended up "watching the ball" instead of taking the initiative and being the team with more energy and stamina.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Seems to me we missed Daniels.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Seems to me we missed Daniels.
    We missed the Daniels from the Xavier, Arizona, and Washington games. 6 out of the last 7 games Daniels played in, he didn't do much to make us miss him. Hopefully just his Freshman slump late in the season.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    I made a PAC12 and NCAA tournament bracket challenge if anyone's interested. A google registered email is required (doesn't have to be gmail). Just post or BM me your email if you want to play.

PAC Master Bracket

NCAA Master Bracket
    Should we make this the official UB5 bracket challenge vehicle this year? JRJ, please add me, chrisrenrut@gmail.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 03-12-2017 at 05:23 PM.

We did one for money last year and someone walked away with 75 smackaroos!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.