Thread: Utah politicians do the darnedest things

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    wow, there is a god

CNN

Utah Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz announces he will not seek re-election to Congress in 2018 http://cnn.it/2oOkfTy
    Speculation is he's doing this so he can run for governor in 20/20....so your opening may be slightly off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Speculation is he's doing this so he can run for governor in 20/20....so your opening may be slightly off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There really isnt any question that is why. He has been eyeing the gub job for a while. having to defend Trump for 4 years would make it much more difficult, as his town hall proved.

Basically the same reason that Romney did not run for re election as governor when he wanted to run for president.

IMHO, Chaffetz is a phony, hypocritical self-promoter. Doesnt have an ounce of integrity, as everyone who has ever worked with or for him will tell you.

somehow I hope Spencer Cox beats him for the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    There really isnt any question that is why.
    Ugh, what a nightmare for Utah. I hope there is an opposition ad featuring all Chaff's missed FG's in college.

Chaffetz is a phony, hypocritical self-promoter. Doesnt have an ounce of integrity, as everyone who has ever worked with or for him will tell you.
    I know this statement is true. INOJCA

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politi...-house-resign/

I'm wondering if Chaffetz has seen enough to know that Trump is going down over the Russian ties, and so he's getting out before he has to be a part of the investigation and impeachment. If the evidence against Trump is as bad as some say it is, there will be no place to find political cover for Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes6 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politi...-house-resign/

I'm wondering if Chaffetz has seen enough to know that Trump is going down over the Russian ties, and so he's getting out before he has to be a part of the investigation and impeachment. If the evidence against Trump is as bad as some say it is, there will be no place to find political cover for Republicans.

Rumors are he will resign tomorrow. All of this seems so odd--that there is something we dont know about, that may be more personal than Trump's Russia ties. But maybe thos ties are such that Chaeffetz does not want to be in the position of having to investigate them.

Rumors are he will resign tomorrow. All of this seems so odd--that there is something we dont know about, that may be more personal than Trump's Russia ties. But maybe thos ties are such that Chaeffetz does not want to be in the position of having to investigate them.
    twitter is rumoring an affair - Jasonintheblouse ?

Last edited by Scorcho; 04-20-2017 at 06:41 PM.