Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Utah politicians do the darnedest things

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politi...-house-resign/

I'm wondering if Chaffetz has seen enough to know that Trump is going down over the Russian ties, and so he's getting out before he has to be a part of the investigation and impeachment. If the evidence against Trump is as bad as some say it is, there will be no place to find political cover for Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes6 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politi...-house-resign/

I'm wondering if Chaffetz has seen enough to know that Trump is going down over the Russian ties, and so he's getting out before he has to be a part of the investigation and impeachment. If the evidence against Trump is as bad as some say it is, there will be no place to find political cover for Republicans.

Rumors are he will resign tomorrow. All of this seems so odd--that there is something we dont know about, that may be more personal than Trump's Russia ties. But maybe thos ties are such that Chaeffetz does not want to be in the position of having to investigate them.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Rumors are he will resign tomorrow. All of this seems so odd--that there is something we dont know about, that may be more personal than Trump's Russia ties. But maybe thos ties are such that Chaeffetz does not want to be in the position of having to investigate them.
    twitter is rumoring an affair - Jasonintheblouse ?

Last edited by Scorcho; 04-20-2017 at 06:41 PM.

He's going to be the place-kicking coach at BYU.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I know the answer to this, but is it wrong of me to want the affair allegations are true?

Yeah, it's bad of me. I won't hope they are true.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com