Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post

Oregon will be interesting as they lose basically everyone that played. Seriously, is Pritchard their only rotation guy who came back or am I forgetting someone? I know they've got talent coming in but it's going to have to gel awfully quickly. The good thing for them is that Altman is a great coach who always seems to get the most out of his players. Three years ago they had a similar mass exodus (following the scandal) and were still very good the next year.

I've been following the NBA draft chatter lately and was thinking about how I like Derrick White and wouldn't mind the Jazz taking him. That got me to thinking about how fortunate CU is that he showed up and was so good. I think White really covered up how badly that program has derailed. It will be interesting to see if they get back on track anytime soon. They have almost no history of success prior to Boyle so I think they will be patient with him. It will probably help if the football program continues to win and keeps basketball under the radar a little bit.
Yes, I'm pretty much betting on Altman's coaching ability for putting them in the top 4 of the conference. You're right, they lose everyone except for Pritchard (who's a good, not great player). But they do bring in Troy Brown from Vegas (top-15 recruit), Elijah Brown from UNM (who will average 18 ppg next I'd bet), a solid transfer from Illinois St, and a few other nice recruits. Like you said, Altman's been here before and done just fine.

I think CU is in for a pretty bad year. Derrick White did A LOT for them last year. Plus they lose Xavier Johnson, Wesley Gordon, Josh Fortune, etc. They bring in a solid recruiting class (including an eligible transfer who many here will know... Namon Wright), but no one who will come close to replacing the production that White had. I'd be very surprised if CU has anything close to winning conference record next year.