Thread: The Basketball Offseason 2017 thread

Hybrid View

My point was that NBA scouts have been watching him all year. He didn't sneak up on anyone. He's been on the NBA's radar all year.

He started popping up in the first round during the season.

Now, just because some local hack can't believe that Utah would be better than BYU and is too lazy to do some research...

Listening to the Andy Hill interview on the Bill Reilly show...said we have one more game we could schedule, but at this point don't feel the need. Interesting. Why wouldn't you just see if you could add a SUU or someone?
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Why wouldn't you just see if you could add a SUU or someone?
    Would that game do us more harm than good due to SOS?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Would that game do us more harm than good due to SOS?
    Probably. Just seems odd to have the option and say "nah, we're good."

Now, some teams play a non conference game during one of their bye days, and the league according to Hill won't release that schedule until September, so maybe they are waiting for that. That would assume a savvy scheduling philosophy.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Probably. Just seems odd to have the option and say "nah, we're good."

Now, some teams play a non conference game during one of their bye days, and the league according to Hill won't release that schedule until September, so maybe they are waiting for that. That would assume a savvy scheduling philosophy.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    I would love to schedule UNM or Gonzaga on a Saturday night the week of the CU game, provided we get CU on a Wednesday.

League pairings announced: http://pac-12.com/article/2017/06/28...gn=Pac12Social

Utes will not go to NorCal and the Oregon Schools will not come to SLC.

Finish the season with three at home (USC, UCLA, CU)

League pairings announced: http://pac-12.com/article/2017/06/28...gn=Pac12Social

Utes will not go to NorCal and the Oregon Schools will not come to SLC.

Finish the season with three at home (USC, UCLA, CU)

That's too bad. Stanford Cal might be two winnable road games, despite last year.

Listening to the Andy Hill interview on the Bill Reilly show...said we have one more game we could schedule, but at this point don't feel the need. Interesting. Why wouldn't you just see if you could add a SUU or someone?
    This answers a question I wasn't altogether too sure of. You're allowed to take one exempt game and make it a maximum of three. Think Diamondhead last year. This year, we have only 11 non-conference games as opposed to 12 last year. Our Vegas games will only count for one, but we get two games out of it. If it's a 200-plus RPI team, yeah, we could schedule it. If it's a top 150, then we should schedule it.

My guess is Utah Valley will always make room on their schedule for us. Now you gotta weigh the merits.