Thread: March Madness 2017

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I have watched Duke all season. Frank has been terrific. The only other freshman guards I've seen are Ball and Fultz, and they are both better of course. Frank can shoot and can finish at the rim. He's had to play PG all season, and that may not be his natural position.

Malik Monk is better too, as are De'aaron Fox and Dennis Smith. I would bet he is too short to play shooting guard these days; will have to play the point as a pro

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Malik Monk is better too, as are De'aaron Fox and Dennis Smith. I would bet he is too short to play shooting guard these days; will have to play the point as a pro
    Oh, yeah. I was just referencing the guys I've seen play a lot. I haven't seen much of Monk and Fox. I haven't seen Smith at all.

I'm sure you are right. Probably good for him to learn the PG position at Duke.

Here we go!

Tonight's games:

Michigan vs Oregon. Hail to the victors. What's bad for Oregon is good for Utah. Plus, who doesn't want to see Brooks' sad face tonight?

WVU vs Gonzaga. Go Huggy. Again, what's bad for Gonzaga is good for Utah. Plus, I am sick of Gonzaga blowing it every year against BYU.

Purdue vs Kansas. Biggie. Purdue Pete. Go 'makers.

Xavier vs Arizona. I question the heart of any Ute fan who can root for Arizona. X-men make lousy movies and good basketball.

Here we go!

Tonight's games:

Michigan vs Oregon. Hail to the victors. What's bad for Oregon is good for Utah. Plus, who doesn't want to see Brooks' sad face tonight?

WVU vs Gonzaga. Go Huggy. Again, what's bad for Gonzaga is good for Utah. Plus, I am sick of Gonzaga blowing it every year against BYU.

Purdue vs Kansas. Biggie. Purdue Pete. Go 'makers.

Xavier vs Arizona. I question the heart of any Ute fan who can root for Arizona. X-men make lousy movies and good basketball.
    I root for all Pac 12 teams in the postseason. I question the sanity of any Ute fan who doesn't. We want the other teams in our league to be good. We get better recurits, better coaches, better everything if we are in a league that is successful in the postseason. Plus I get to know and like players on the other teams. After watching Arizona play five times in just over a week, I've come to respect their coach and root for their players. I want to kick their butts every time we play them, but if they can make it to the Final Four, it helps us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes6 View Post
    I root for all Pac 12 teams in the postseason. I question the sanity of any Ute fan who doesn't. We want the other teams in our league to be good. We get better recurits, better coaches, better everything if we are in a league that is successful in the postseason. Plus I get to know and like players on the other teams. After watching Arizona play five times in just over a week, I've come to respect their coach and root for their players. I want to kick their butts every time we play them, but if they can make it to the Final Four, it helps us.
    This is not true. Arizona getting to the final four helps Arizona a lot. It only hurts Utah. Conference play and recruiting is closer to a zero sum game than a cooperative effort.

You think the rest of the ACC is pulling for unc?

This is not true. Arizona getting to the final four helps Arizona a lot. It only hurts Utah. Conference play and recruiting is closer to a zero sum game than a cooperative effort.

You think the rest of the ACC is pulling for unc?
    By that logic, we would be better off in the MWC or the WCC playing crap teams. We are far better off in a highly competitive and successful league. Yes Arizona has beat us for a couple of players the last two years, but do you think we would have had a better shot at them if we were still a mid major? But you be you, man. You want to hate on our Pac bros, go right ahead.