Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March Madness 2017

Hybrid View

UNC laid every opportunity at their feet. The odds of missing four in a row like that combined with two offensive rebounds...

Mark Few is a great coach but he is going to be insufferable if he wins a championship. I say that as a proud internet jackal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    UNC laid every opportunity at their feet. The odds of missing four in a row like that combined with two offensive rebounds...

Mark Few is a great coach but he is going to be insufferable if he wins a championship. I say that as a proud internet jackal.
    Oregon got lucky many times during close games this season. Luck ran out last night. I will not miss Brooks.

Gonzaga is playing against its first very good opponent since last Fall when they played Arizona. Amazing to make it to a title game without beating anything better than a 4-seed. UNC has better guards and bigs, but Gonzaga has more depth.

Wichita State is moving to the AAC. If the Zags win the national title, I think the Pac-12 should take a long look.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    If the Zags win the national title, I think the Pac-12 should take a long look.
    I'm afraid you're serious. Why would the PAC ever do that? Why arm those guys with any more than they already have?

Quote Originally Posted by FountainOfUte View Post
    I'm afraid you're serious. Why would the PAC ever do that? Why arm those guys with any more than they already have?
    I don't think it would be good for Utah at all, and I don't want it to happen, but I think it would be good for the Pac-12. It would bring in more money (which is what this is all about), and it would keep western talent in the conference. On the flip side, a WCC team winning a national title looks bad for the Pac-12.

That said, Gonzaga did not win the title. The Pac-12 would have to be completely certain they are adding a true, long-term power, so it would need to be a national champion Gonzaga.

The Big East did this with Butler, Xavier and Creighton. The situation was quite different, but the result is that the Big East survived realignment to remain a true power.

if Chris Boucher doesn't rupture his ACL a month ago, Oregon is holding the trophy on Monday night.

Oregon lost 12 points, 6 points and 3 blocks a game without him.

My buddy t work who grew up in Eugene grabbed a couple $500 tickets and went down to Phoenix for the weekend. I haven't had the heart to reach out to him this morning. Had he's attendance not come at my expense having to cover for him at a work event yesterday, I'd be more sympathetic.

Fitting that the officials should dominate the title game in this tournament. They were the real story of March this year.

I am sad that it's over. But on the bright side, we no longer have to see those awful commercials with Greg Gumble and the wedding singer from the Hangover. I haven't been able to get that Aerosmith song out of my head for 3 weeks.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Fitting that the officials should dominate the title game in this tournament. They were the real story of March this year.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Ugh, what a forgettable tournament. No compelling stories. No great teams. No dominant performances. Throw in the fact that Utah's program stuck in mud -- at best -- if not imploding before our eyes. Is college basketball dying the slow, grisly death that pro basketball has already died? The officiating.....I can't take the officiating any longer. From jr. jazz to professionals, it's truly horrible at every level. To stop down games for five minutes to figure out who's finger last touched the ball -- unwatchable. It's time for college baseball to take its rightful place behind football. The CWS.....great games, great atmosphere, great food, and decent officiating.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Ugh, what a forgettable tournament. No compelling stories. No great teams. No dominant performances. Throw in the fact that Utah's program stuck in mud -- at best -- if not imploding before our eyes. Is college basketball dying the slow, grisly death that pro basketball has already died? The officiating.....I can't take the officiating any longer. From jr. jazz to professionals, it's truly horrible at every level. To stop down games for five minutes to figure out who's finger last touched the ball -- unwatchable. It's time for college baseball to take its rightful place behind football. The CWS.....great games, great atmosphere, great food, and decent officiating.
    I kind of miss the days of a controversial call. Someone suggested changing it so an official has 30 seconds to overturn a call on video review. If they can't determine it in that time the call on the floor stands.

They need to let them play more too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I kind of miss the days of a controversial call. Someone suggested changing it so an official has 30 seconds to overturn a call on video review. If they can't determine it in that time the call on the floor stands.

They need to let them play more too.

Guys like Karnowski are always going to be tough to officiate. He probably doesn't get as many calls as he should, but on the other hand also knocks the crap out of guys down on the block. That's gotta be a tough line for officials. I was actually impressed with Meeks' defense last night on the Gonzaga bigs...I think it would be wise for Larry to send the tape to Collette so that he knows he doesn't have to fall down every single time.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.