Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Utah (the state) Thrives

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    What is it with this weird obsession with the Princess Bride ....
    It was a work of comic genius, you warthog-faced baboon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

The art of Talking Out of Both Sides of Your Mouth - by tooblue

So Utah fans are pointing to Alex Jensen leading people into the church, yet are largely unaware of his status today or his role in the rise of Rudy.

It seems perhaps maybe you are obsessed with this.

However you get an F on this assignment. You've failed to properly support your arguments. Your students would be disappointed in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    The art of Talking Out of Both Sides of Your Mouth - by tooblue

So Utah fans are pointing to Alex Jensen leading people into the church, yet are largely unaware of his status today or his role in the rise of Rudy.

It seems perhaps maybe you are obsessed with this.

However you get an F on this assignment. You've failed to properly support your arguments. Your students would be disappointed in you.

I teach art and philosophy. There is no such thing as an F. In fact, I'd probably get a really good grade for my arguments as presented. One day I'll have to share with you my doughnut philosophy that helped get me into grad school.

Oh, and Ya I kinda agree: I am obsessed with all ya'll's obsession—cause it's quite the obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    I teach art and philosophy. There is no such thing as an F. In fact, I'd probably get a really good grade for my arguments as presented. One day I'll have to share with you my doughnut philosophy that helped get me into grad school.

Oh, and Ya I kinda agree: I am obsessed with all ya'll's obsession—cause it's quite the obsession.
    Of course there is such a thing as an F, you guys are just afraid to say it.

Bumping my original post, which doesn't mention much of anything that is covered in most of the posts in this thread:

This seems like a pretty objective article about the state of Utah. I am posting it here because it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. But stories like this, and the facts/viewpoints it reports, are important to U. of Utah sports, especially recruiting.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...an-dream-alive

I am really not sure which way this article cuts in terms of recruiting.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Of course there is such a thing as an F, you guys are just afraid to say it.

You mean Freudian? Of course we are not afraid to say Freudian. For example: a while back in another thread, was it a Freudian slip when you mis-construed my "You're off your rocker" comment as sexual innuendo?

Dear tooblue:

Just for you, an excerpt from the board rules:

The cardinal rule on UtahBy5 is to attack the post or the idea, but not the poster. The camaraderie of this community is a privilege, not a right, and we will ask those who cannot follow this rule to clean up their act, and ultimately to go if they don’t.

With that said, we also recognize that folks are frequently passionate about the issues they debate and discuss here and that community members will sometimes use sarcasm, satire, and even condescension to make a point. While we think there are better ways to get your point across, in moderation they will be tolerated. But if those rhetorical techniques are just your style or we find you using them too often, you’re going to need a new style or a new community. We’ll do our best to warn people when we see them crossing the line, but if we come home to find you got drunk and shaved the dog you will probably find yourself on the curb without a warning. So be careful, use common sense and pay attention to how people are reacting to you.

--Yeats