Thread: US airstrikes in Syria

Hybrid View

I don't want the US embroiled in another meaningless (to the US) conflict in the middle-east, but I support this strike in retaliation for the use of chemical weapons. Trump's decision was quick and his reasoning clear.

It sounds like this was nothing more than a very expensive PR show by Trump.

None of the actual runways were hit. No planes destroyed as Syria was given a heads up (presumably from Russia). Russia's air defense was switched off.

I dont know whether to give Trump some credit here for doing something, or if I should roll my eyes because its potentially just another attempt to distract from his scandal with Russia. And I hate that I have to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    I dont know whether to give Trump some credit here for doing something, or if I should roll my eyes because its potentially just another attempt to distract from his scandal with Russia. And I hate that I have to wonder.

there are a lot of Trump tweets from 2012 and 2013 telling Obama not to strike Syria, but this one is pretty good:

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.
    3:39 PM - 9 Oct 2012

Trump the pre-candidate vs Trump the President:

JUST IN: Syrian warplanes take off from air base hit by U.S., carry out strikes in Homs countryside - Syrian observatory for human rights