Thread: United Air Lines

Hybrid View

Competitors jumping on the opportunity to exploit United's screw-up:

Delta OKs offers of up to $9,950 to flyers who give up seats

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...seats-46808209

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    This is dead on 100%

https://danwetzelsports.tumblr.com/p...avel-a-lot-for

Don't get me started on the dog craze at airports these days.
    Fun list. I've been guilty of bringing dinner on an airplane. And.....huge thumbs up on Adam Carolla -- the guy nails it 90 percent of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I'm with you on the dogs. The rest is whiny, though. Someone drinking coffee? Really? The drink cart is a major annoyance? Dan needs some Feng Shui in his life.

How does the person who lowers his seat into your lap not on this list? Airline seats should not recline.
    I think I'm your Bizarro Jerry. If I want to recline 2 degrees, I'll do it and not apologize -- now THAT'S whining.

Personally, I don't bring my dogs with me to stores or airports etc..... but, I'm betting I'd prefer bumping into your dogs over you two so bring em along. In fact, if every store I shopped at had 100 English Bulldogs running free, my shopping experience would improve a million-fold. Dogs are awesome. People.....not so much.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Fun list. I've been guilty of bringing dinner on an airplane. And.....huge thumbs up on Adam Carolla -- the guy nails it 90 percent of the time.

I think I'm your Bizarro Jerry. If I want to recline 2 degrees, I'll do it and not apologize -- now THAT'S whining.

Personally, I don't bring my dogs with me to stores or airports etc..... but, I'm betting I'd prefer bumping into your dogs over you two so bring em along. In fact, if every store I shopped at had 100 English Bulldogs running free, my shopping experience would improve a million-fold. Dogs are awesome. People.....not so much.
    At 6'3" my knees sort of fit behind the seat when it is upright. If someone reclines it makes the flight nearly unbearable as my legs go numb because I can't move them and the chair is pressed into them the whole time.

I'll typically sit down and jam my knees against the back of the seat so when the chump sits down in front of me and tries to recline he'll think the button is broken. Nothing brings me joy quite like watching a guy bang back in his chair or rock back and forth trying to get it to budge and then giving up. I had a guy once nearly have a conniption when he thought his seat was broken. He was loud and smelled bad.

I'm watering down how I really feel, but people who recline on a plane are the worst people on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk