Thread: Ancient temple carvings hint at a massive meteor strike 13,000 years ago

Ancient temple carvings hint at a massive meteor strike 13,000 years ago

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...3000-years-ago

Something so incredibly profound must have happened that those ancient people felt compelled to guard the knowledge of it for centuries.

Hope this isn't a hijack of this thread but we forget how much stuff happened seemingly out of nowhere to not even necessarily ancient people.

Last night we did an emergency prep thing with our family where you turn off your power and water (or just don't use it) and see if you can get all your stuff from a 72 hour kit and use it properly. Kind of fun and you realize stuff that you didn't think of.

One was the weather was rainy and my wife said, "How long is it supposed to rain today? Is it going to rain tomorrow?" It was weird to realize that I didn't know and couldn't just look it up on my phone. We have a pretty good idea a week out what is coming and forecasts are nearly spot on 24 -48 hours out.

Same with meteors like this, we are watching the sky for threats. It is hard to believe we could have a strike like this without even a days warning. Maybe I am falsely secure with this but still, we live in an amazing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk