Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
I agree with the game being scheduled early in the year (although, think of all the injuries we had and how that would have affected us if we'd had played Oregon or Arizona in the last game). but how can you say you don't enjoy the game? I don't follow BYU as closely as I used to (praise be!), but I really, REALLY didn't want to lose that game. And that was different than other non-conference games; against Northern Illinois we looked like trash, but late in the game I was resigned to being bad last year, whereas with BYU every tackle, every hit, every touchdown pass had elements of elation, hatred, childhood memories, and WECAN'TLOSETHISGAME feelings. Basically, the way a rivalry should be.
The exciting games for me are the conference games. Our goals every year should be win the PAC 12 South, Win the PAC Championship and get to a New Year's 6 game. BYU does not figure into any of those for the team or for me.

Before the BYU game was played I had moved onto the Championship game. It was exciting because of the way it was won. Was it more exciting or satisfying than when we beat Oregon St. or TCU in the last seconds back in 2008 or USC a couple of times, not for me. I believe if we played USU and beat them in the same fashion, I would enjoy it just the same.

I am not opposed to playing BYU. I just don't have the desire to play them every year and if we are required to play an in-state team each year, I would like to see a rotation with BYU and USU.