Well, we are under 100 days...heck, under 90 days until we take on North Dakota. And I think this is the perfect team for us to open up against. Where they are strong is where we want to be tested, and where they are weak is where we want to practice our attack.

Their strengths: DL, CB
Their weaknesses: OL, S

Average/irrelevant: the rest of the positions.

They have a weak OL. They currently have zero set starters at OL, and there is a chance they will start 3-5 freshmen at OL. North Dakota is a team that heavily relies on the run game for their offense. With their inexperienced OL, they will not score much. But, it's a great game for us. It gives Kylie Fitts a chance to get reacclimatized to playing in a game, lets us rotate 10-12 guys, and lets our CB's get game reps without overtaxing them (they can get reps, get coached, then get ready for more reps).

I'd expect North Dakota to score at most 10 points.

Defensively, their strengths are the CB's and DL. This is perfect for us. Our OL will be coming together. Now, I don't think our OL is as worrisome as some do (we have talent and three guys who have started games, although Falemaka only has one start I believe), but this will be a great first game for them. They can have some talented guys line up across from them, but not so talented that they could become overwhelmed.

Our OL will have a great practice/warmup session vs their DL.

I like that their CB's is their strength, but that their weakness is their safeties. This is also perfect for us. It will test our WR's to get off the line of scrimmage, make correct reads, and be productive. BUT, with the weakness at safety, it will allow our QB/WR to attack the field after the WR gets off and makes the correct read.

This is the perfect game for us. They are strong where we need work, but not so strong that we'd ever dream of losing the game. Great opening game for us.

IF the offense and WR's can get going, I'd put the score around 50-10.

IF the QB's are the same QB's we have under Whitt, I'd say it's a 35-10 game.