Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Him or Him, 2017 edition

I......I.........I..........give up.

Greg Bird hit on Shaky punt return versus Unlv in 2010 or Travis Wilson laying out cal linebacker in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Every big play we absolutely needed in 2008, Casteel was there. The catch that set up the GWFG vs. Oregon State. The catch that jump-started our GWFG drive against TCU. You mentioned the UNM TD, but he also had our first score against Bama and drew a key PI penalty in the end zone of that game that set up another TD. I'd also be willing to bet that other than Eddie Johnson, no Utah player has matched or surpassed the four total TDs Casteel scored against BYU.

Both players lost a huge stretch of an upperclass senior to injury (Casteel nearly all of 2007, Dres the final 6 games of his senior year in 2014). I think where Dres loses huge in this argument is that his best season (2013, and yes, superior numbers-wise to almost everything Casteel put up) came during one of Utah's worst. Can you really remember a truly meaningful Dres play? Once I get past his TD to open the second half of 2011 BYU, I can't think of one.
    Dres had a pretty amazing catch in the Stanford game when they were ranked #5 in the nation...and I think it went for a TD.

I tell ya what...I'd take either heading into this season!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post

Greg Bird hit on Shaky punt return versus Unlv in 2010 or Travis Wilson laying out cal linebacker in 2012?
    Careful guys. Don't want to make Mr. mad. . .

Travis, because you just don't expect that from a galloping giraffe.

Manny Hendrix or Gale Gondrezak
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    You're unbelievably daft. I said what I did about "lesser" talent and Casteel to underscore how stupid your "Des played in the Pac-12" take was.
    And I showed how stupid your post was.

So daft man, you're saying Wilson was a better QB than BJ, right?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post

Bird hit. That return nearly went for a TD.

Manny, for the cool two-sports story.

Kyrylo Fesenko or Kosta Koufus?