Thread: Disney theme parks

Disney theme parks

A thread for all things Disney theme park related.

Tron Lightcycle Power Run to replace Tommorrowland Speedway at WDW

They have this ride already in Shanghai. It looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

Disneyland Shanghai looks amazingly not busy. That alone might be worth the plane ticket. The family was in Southern California this weekend and ended up spending Sunday at Knott's Berry Farm. Definitely a different experience than Disneyland but that's also what we were wanting. Knott's Berry Farm just seemed so much more pleasant to navigate. Disneyland has gotten so good at selling itself, that there is no longer an off season. We've done season passes twice. Once when my oldest of four and once when she was seven. The first round seemed to have busy seasons and off seasons. The place never felt empty by any means, but getting from ride to ride pushing a double stroller through the crowds was rather manageable. The second time around already felt different. Despite trips in January, February and November, it always felt near capacity. We even tried to go on Christmas Day and were turned away at the gate because they weren't letting any more pass holders into the park. I'm definitely not anti-Disney but with the current crowd situation, higher ticket prices, with Star Wars Land coming and the new Tron ride, that place will unjustifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

I'd ride it just for the daft punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Disneyland Shanghai looks amazingly not busy. That alone might be worth the plane ticket. The family was in Southern California this weekend and ended up spending Sunday at Knott's Berry Farm. Definitely a different experience than Disneyland but that's also what we were wanting. Knott's Berry Farm just seemed so much more pleasant to navigate. Disneyland has gotten so good at selling itself, that there is no longer an off season. We've done season passes twice. Once when my oldest of four and once when she was seven. The first round seemed to have busy seasons and off seasons. The place never felt empty by any means, but getting from ride to ride pushing a double stroller through the crowds was rather manageable. The second time around already felt different. Despite trips in January, February and November, it always felt near capacity. We even tried to go on Christmas Day and were turned away at the gate because they weren't letting any more pass holders into the park. I'm definitely not anti-Disney but with the current crowd situation, higher ticket prices, with Star Wars Land coming and the new Tron ride, that place will unjustifiable.
    This makes me sad. My kids haven't been yet; I'd love for them to experience the park like I did back in the day.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

We've vacationed every year with our kids since they were babies (now in college). WDW was our worst vacation by a country mile. In fact, I think its fair to say it was our only bad family vacation. Hot, humid, long lines, boring rides, bad food. Even our kids who were at prime Disney age at the time thought it sucked.

Disney......where ridiculously expensive vacations go to die.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.