Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Utah Prediction Contest: vs. North Dakota

2017 Utah Prediction Contest: vs. North Dakota

It is that time of year to start making predictions. I think we are going to make a change on the scoring. You used to get points for just picking the winning team no matter what score you picked. I am going to drop that and just have the points be 50/50 for picking the right Utah and opponent score. That should limit some of the disadvantage homerism creates on close games. If anyone disagrees let me know. So with that out of the way, here we go:

Post your prediction below for the final score between Utah and North Dakota.

Utah- 45
    NDU- 10
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    It is that time of year to start making predictions. I think we are going to make a change on the scoring. You used to get points for just picking the winning team no matter what score you picked. I am going to drop that and just have the points be 50/50 for picking the right Utah and opponent score. That should limit some of the disadvantage homerism creates on close games. If anyone disagrees let me know. So with that out of the way, here we go:

Post your prediction below for the final score between Utah and North Dakota.
    I'm not sure I understand the rules, but there should be a point penalty for picking against Utah.

Utah 40, North Dakota 17

Utah 38
    N. Dakota 15

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I think we're a little weaker this year than our opener last year. I think ND is a stronger team than SUU last year. We won 24-0 last year. I'm going with the incredibly sucky score of.....

Utah 20
    ND 9
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

^^^^^^ The stick in the mud but probably the winner.

42-3. Utes. I'm seeing some score predictions without proper labeling. That seems like hedging just in case North Dakota comes out strong.

Utes 30
    UND 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    42-3. Utes. I'm seeing some score predictions without proper labeling. That seems like hedging just in case North Dakota comes out strong.
    Dang straight.

38-0.
    Last edited by concerned; 08-23-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Utah 27
    N. Dakota 19
    Oh man. That would suck.

Utes: 41
    Fighting Hawks: 13

Utah 41
    Chickenhawks: 10

Utah 48
    ND 12
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Utah 27
    North Dakota 6

Quote Originally Posted by C-Monster View Post
    Utah 32-13
    32 points on the nose would be troublesome, as the only way you can get there is with a wildly poor/inconsistent effort in the kicking game.

Utah 30
    ND 10

And we get to hear about the demise of Utah's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    32 points on the nose would be troublesome, as the only way you can get there is with a wildly poor/inconsistent effort in the kicking game.
    Not only is there concern with the kicker, but also breaking in a new long snapper (likely the back-up long snapper).

Utah 34
    ND-13
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

I'm a little surprised by the double digit points from ND. They are a run heavy team.

They are very good, but not a throw everywhere, EWU-type team.

They will be using their strength vs ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I'm a little surprised by the double digit points from ND. They are a run heavy team.

They are very good, but not a throw everywhere, EWU-type team.

They will be using their strength vs ours.
    Maybe they get a defensive TD...ever consider that? Eh? Eh?

Pretty sure if that happens the fans would boo Huntley.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Maybe they get a defensive TD...ever consider that? Eh? Eh?

Pretty sure if that happens the fans would boo Huntley.
    Im sure that others will use it as an opportunity to call for the firing of Larry Krystkowiak.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Im sure that others will use it as an opportunity to call for the firing of Larry Krystkowiak.
    Or Chris Hill.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell