Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting for 7 Straight: Utes go to Provo, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    All the money coming in on Utah seems to indicate the bettors see this as even money at Utah -3.

Is that the way you see it?
    Utah dispatched North Dakota 37-16, narrowly cashing as a 20.5-point favorite on Aug. 31, which gives the Utes (1-0 SU and ATS) a bit more rest for this Week 2 instate battle. Meanwhile, Brigham Young (1-1 SU, 0-2 ATS) got blanked by No. 12 Louisiana State 27-0 last Saturday as a 15-point “neutral-site” pup – the game was supposed to be in Houston, but was moved to New Orleans due to Hurricane Harvey.
    The Cougars are at home for this 10:15 p.m. ET showdown, but that’s not helping them at the betting window, with the line jumping the fence in a big way.
    “We’re drowned on Utah,” Bogdanovich said, noting William Hill US has a book in West Wendover, Nev., on Interstate 80, right on the Utah border. “They’re pouring over the border, and every bet is on Utah. But obviously, the Utes have been bet everywhere, so maybe the sharps bet it, too. That’s our biggest decision right now.”

http://www.covers.com/Editorial/Arti...-action-report

So, I set the expectation of Huntley before the ND game that by halftime Ute fans should be saying "No wonder they named him the starter" or there would be a lot of second guessing. Well, I wasn't saying that at halftime, or even after the game. But I was liking what I saw. If I see more of that tonight, I may be buying in. Earlier this week a rewatched parts of the BYU game from last year. After watching Troy Williams fail to get a 1st down on a 3rd down scramble I suddenly found myself saying, "no wonder they named Huntley the starter." If Utah can limit turnovers, the game should not be close.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Utah dispatched North Dakota 37-16, narrowly cashing as a 20.5-point favorite on Aug. 31, which gives the Utes (1-0 SU and ATS) a bit more rest for this Week 2 instate battle. Meanwhile, Brigham Young (1-1 SU, 0-2 ATS) got blanked by No. 12 Louisiana State 27-0 last Saturday as a 15-point “neutral-site” pup – the game was supposed to be in Houston, but was moved to New Orleans due to Hurricane Harvey.
    The Cougars are at home for this 10:15 p.m. ET showdown, but that’s not helping them at the betting window, with the line jumping the fence in a big way.
    “We’re drowned on Utah,” Bogdanovich said, noting William Hill US has a book in West Wendover, Nev., on Interstate 80, right on the Utah border. “They’re pouring over the border, and every bet is on Utah. But obviously, the Utes have been bet everywhere, so maybe the sharps bet it, too. That’s our biggest decision right now.”

http://www.covers.com/Editorial/Arti...-action-report

They've released the money numbers from William Hill.

94% of the tickets and 97% of the money is on Utah, it's also their most bet on game this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    They've released the money numbers from William Hill.

94% of the tickets and 97% of the money is on Utah, it's also their most bet on game this week

Either Vegas is genius and knows about an injury no one else does or they are about to lose some money.

That line on the rivalry game is the dumbest line I've ever seen. Second easiest money ever behind McGregor/Maywhatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Either Vegas is genius and knows about an injury no one else does or they are about to lose some money.

That line on the rivalry game is the dumbest line I've ever seen. Second easiest money ever behind McGregor/Maywhatever.
    Vegas should've had this line at Utah -6.5/7. Easily would've balanced things out.

Shooting for 7 Straight: Utes go to Provo, 2017

Looks like some goofy Ute fans vandalized (painted) the cougar statue at BYU. Lots of BYU fans are in fits of pearl-clutching about the incident. In response, a Utah fan threw a little satire out on CougarBoard. This was on Ute Nation's Facebook page:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=18402245

I wish they hadn't vandalized the statue. Such a stupid thing to do. Not to mention illegal. Why not just drape a Utah flag over the statue, take a photo, get out of town, and post the photo on the Internet?
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-09-2017 at 05:33 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

An interesting tweet.

What does the tweet say?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    What does the tweet say?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Time to show them what I got" - Devontae Henry-Cole

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    It's amazing at how even these two programs are right now.

Rivalry Wins by 5 Year Segments.jpg
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

We Want #7, Go Utes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Game time!!!!

I want BYU fans to be super relieved that they get to kick off first and therefore won't start the game with a pick six, only to have Utah run the kickoff back for a TD.

Just like I dreamed it up!

Am I just being salty or are these announcers awful?

Did they just say Coy Detmer is their OC?

Chase Hansen blitzing is a thing of beauty.

What else can you expect from a center named Lo?!?!

Can't see the game but on Gametracker it looks like they're picking us apart with short passes. linebackers not doing well?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Can't see the game but on Gametracker it looks like they're picking us apart with short passes. linebackers not doing well?
    Well Tauteoli was ejected for targeting...

I read, here and other places, that our offense is really good. Did people mislead me? All that "superior" talent, at least vis-a-vis TDS, means nothing if you can't execute -- if you can't execute, that means something is amiss between the ears. For now, anyway.

Was watching USC v Stanford -- now that's a good game. If we play those teams now, we'd get crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Am I just being salty or are these announcers awful?
    No, they are terrible. So is the broadcast. They have missed the start of a couple plays showing stupid other stuff.

Yeah about the only chance they had is a play like that happening.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Just score here, step on their throats. If we get something we demoralize them and they give up.

So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

What is with the low snaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    What is with the low snaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    10 min left in the fourth, and the announcers just said that Mangum has 5 completions for 23 yards. Is that right? Yowzers.
    edit: MRD tells me that is second half
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    10 min left in the fourth, and the announcers just said that Mangum has 5 completions for 23 yards. Is that right? Yowzers.
    edit: MRD tells me that is second half
    And the utes escape with a win!
    Gotta turn those FGs into TDs eventually.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Glad we won. Wondering why we always allow them to make it interesting at the end. Can't wait to hear Whitt's explanation of the decision not to kick he FG.

--Yeats

Glad we won. Wondering why we always allow them to make it interesting at the end. Can't wait to hear Whitt's explanation of the decision not to kick he FG.
    He said something about succumbing to outside influences in that call. Sounds like Taylor is on the outs (jk)

Can't wait to hear Whitt's explanation of the decision not to kick he FG.
    That made no sense. At all.

We did not play well, but it is always fun to beat byu.

--fjm.com